Palak Khichdi/ Spinach Khichdi/Paruppu Keerai Sadam: Easy and quick lunch recipe for babies and toddlers made with rice, lentils, and spinach. As everyone knows, spinach is a super food loaded with many nutrients.
Hence it is essential to include them as part of children’s healthy diet. This spinach khichadi is a healthy and tasty option to add them to your baby and kids menu. Its ideal for babies from 10 months after introducing rice, toor dal and spinach separately.
Nutrition in Spinach:
According to the US Department of Agriculture, the nutrition of spinach includes:
|Nutrition||Value per 100 g||Nutrition||Value per 100 g|
|Water||91.4 g||Energy||23 kcal|
|Protein||2.86 g||Total Lipid||0.39 g|
|Carbohydrates||3.63 g||Fiber||2.2 g|
|Sugars||0.42 g||Calcium||99 mg|
|Iron||2.71 mg||Magnesium||79 mg|
|Phosphorous||49 mg||Potassium||558 mg|
|Sodium||79 mg||Zinc||0.53 mg|
|Vitamin C||28 mg||Thiamin||0.078 mg|
|Riboflavin||0.189 mg||Niacin||0.724 mg|
|Vitamin B-6||0.195 mg||Folate||195 ug|
|Vitamin A||9377 IU||Vitamin E||2 mg|
|Vitamin K||482 ug|
Source : Google
|Spinach khichadi/Palak Khichadi /Rice,dal and spinach/Paruppu Keerai sadam for babies recipe|
Palak Khichdi/ Spinach Khichdi/Paruppu Keerai Sadam: Easy and quick lunch recipe for babies and toddlers made with rice, lentils, and spinach.
Prep Time : 5 mins Cooking Time : 15 mins
Serves : 1/2 cup Cuisine : Indian
Rice – 2 tbsp
Toor Dal – 2 tbsp
Garlic -1 or 2
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
Spinach Leaves- 1 cup loosely packed
water – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 Tsp
Hing : a generous pinch
1. Wash spinach thoroughly and keep it ready. Wash rice and toor dal together and soak it in water for 20 minutes.
2. In pressure add in rice, dal, spinach, garlic, turmeric powder, hing, cumin seeds and water. Mix well.
3. Cover lid and pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles or 10 mins on medium heat.
4. Once air released naturally, open the lid and mash it with masher or grind it in mixie and serve baby by adding ghee on top.
- Take all ingredients ready. Wash spinach and set aside. Wash rice and dal together and soak it in water for 20 mins.
2. Then take all ingredients to the pressure cooker except ghee. Add water and mix well. Cover cooker with lid and pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles for medium heat or for 10 mins. Once air released mash it with masher and grind it in mixie as you prefer.