Today, I am sharing one more simple yet mixed ingredient recipe that can be given to babies between 6-7 months. Potato rice and dal is a wholesome baby food, which provides energy as well as other nutrients to baby’s growing body. This baby food is also easy to digest and can be given to baby once s/he has been introduced to solid food for a few weeks.
Potato Rice and dal: Easy and quick lunch recipe for babies and toddlers made with rice, dal, and potato. The combination of rice,dal and potato always works well, and this potato rice is no exception. Potato rice tastes good that even you can give for picky eaters and also it helps in a healthy weight gain. Its suitable for babies from 7-8 months after introducing rice, dal, and potato separately.
Check out my other babies food here:
|Potato, rice and dal/Potato rice/khichadi for babies recipe|
Potato rice and dal is a wholesome baby food, which provides energy as well as other nutrients to baby’s growing body.
Prep Time : 5 mins Cooking time : 10 mins
Serves : 3/4 cup baby food
Rice : 1tbsp
toor dal : 1 tbsp
Potato : 1 small sized
Garlic : 1
Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
Asafoedita : a generous pinch
ghee : 1/2 tsp
1. Peel the potato, wash and cubed it. set aside.
2. wash dal and rice, set aside.
3. add in all ingredients to pressure cooker except ghee.
4. Pressure cook it for 10 mins on medium heat. Once air release, transfer all to mixie jar.
5. Give pulse speed. Make puree. Or mash them up. Feed your babies warm.
- Take all ingredients ready. Wash rice and dal, set aside.
2. Peel off potato skin, make them into cubes. Transfer all ingredients to pressure cooker, mix well.
3. Pressure cook it for 10 mins. Once air released, transfer all cooked rice, dal and potato to mixie jar. Make a puree. Or you can mash up and serve your baby too.