This oats kozhukattai can be made so easily and quickly. Oats, as we know is a good source of dietary fiber. It contains both soluble and insoluble fibers. According to researches, including oats in our diet can reduce high cholesterol significantly. This oats kozhukattai can be made so easily and quickly.
Oats kozhukatai is very easy to make, healthy and filling. I have added carrot to make it more nutritious. You can add cooked green peas or grated beetroot (instead of carrot) to make it colorful and nutritious. You can make these for breakfast, dinner or serve these nutritious oats dumplings to kids after they return from school.
I am learning to make oats dishes these days. This recipe caught my eye and I was excited to make it, and share it with you. It took less than 20 minutes to pull together.
Oats kozhukattai is a comfort food to the max. I love it totally. You can have it as such or with chutney too. If you are a lover of healthy or Oats food, this dish must be on our must-try foods!
Some of my oats recipes are:
|Oats Kozhukattai/Oats kara kozhukattai/ Oats Steamed Dumpling recipe|
This oats kozhukattai can be made so easily and quickly. Oats, as we know is a good source of dietary fiber.
Prep Time : 5 mins Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 18-20 Cuisine : Indian
Rolled Oats : 1 cup
Curd/yogurt : 1/2
Rava/Sooji : 1/4 cup
Carrots : 1 grated
onion : 1 small chopped
Green chilly : 2 finely chopped
Ginger : 1 inch finely chopped
Coriander leaves : 2 tbsp chopped
Salt to taste
Baking soda : a pinch (optional)
1. Take all ingredients in a bowl except yogurt/curd. mix well to combine.
2. Then add in yogurt/curd. Mix and make like a dough by squeezing out oats mixture. So, that moisture from onion, yogurt will leaves, make smooth texture. No need to add water.
3. Let it sit for 10-15 mins. Now shape as you like. Arrange oats dumpling in steamer or idly cooker. Steam it 15-20 mins on low medium heat.
4. Tada. Serves hot with your favorite chutney or as it too.
- take all ingredients ready. Throw all ingredients in a bowl except yogurt/curd. Mix well to combine.
2. Then add in yogurt/curd, knead like a dough by squeezing out. so, that moisture from veggies, yogurt make dough soft. No need to add water.
3. make a dough to sit for 10-15 mins. Make it into your favorite shape. Arrange oats kozhukattai in steamer or idly cooker. Steam in for 15-20 on low medium heat or till done.
- No need to add water. Yogurt, veggies moisture is more than enough.
- If dough comes more moisture, add 1-2 tbsp of rava/sooji. Mix well.
- I used rolled oats, you can use any variety oats. but i recommend rolled oats.
- Can add any veggies like cooked peas, beetroot, capsicum.