Nandu / Crab Rasam is very healthy and also good enough to boost your immunity. Crabs are considered to be high in protein and low in fat & calories. This rasam is a best way to beat off cold and flu. I learnt this recipe from my youtube and i have shared the same set of ingredient for chicken-rasam too.
Nandu Rasam / Spicy Crab Soup is one among the delicious non-vegetarian soup. This can be consumed both as soup and rasam, when Nandu Rasam is served with steamed hot rice it is rasam and when it is served as such in a bowl, it is soup. Nandu Rasam / Spicy Crab soup is most preferably prepared during winter season and perfect when you have sore throat, cold or nose blockage.
Nandu Rasam (நண்டு ரசம்)/ Spicy Crab leg soup which is very thin in texture, but with delicious taste and wonderful aroma. Mostly crab legs are used in this recipe along with a crab. Also break the crab legs and add it to the soup/rasam, so that the flavor gets well to the rasam/soup. Very simple and easy to prepare, give a try and share your feedback.
Check out my other crab recipes here:
|Nandu Rasam / Spicy Crab Leg Soup Recipe|
Nandu / Crab Rasam is very healthy and also good enough to boost your immunity. Crabs are considered to be high in protein and low in fat & calories. This rasam is a best way to beat off cold and flu.
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 2 Cuisine : Indian
Crab Leg : 4 medium sized crab (Only legs)
Shallots : 5-6 finely chopped
Tomato : 2 chopped
Curry leaves : 7-8
Water : 2 cups
Gingelly oil : 1 tbsp
Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
coriander leaves for garnishing
For dry roast and grind:
Shallots : 3
Coriander seeds : 1 tsp
Pepper : 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
Red chilly : 1-2
1. Take all ingredient under the table for dry roast and grind. Dry roast all ingredients, and make a coarse powder. Set aside.
2. heat oil in clay pot, add in fennel seeds. Then add in chopped shallots with curry leaves. cook till translucent.
3. Now add in chopped tomatoes. Cook till mushy. Then add in crab legs along with ground masala powder.
4. now add in salt, turmeric powder and required water. allow it to boil for 10 mins on medium heat.
5. crab will cook quickly. Check soup/rasam consistency. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve warm.
- Take all ingredients to dry roast. Roast shallots separately and grind all roasted ingredients to coarse powder. set aside.
2. Heat oil in clay pot, crack fennel seeds. Then add in chopped shallots and curry leaves, cook it till translucent.
3. Now add in chopped tomatoes, cook till mushy. Then add in crab legs, cook for 2-3 mins. Throw in ground masala coarse powder, turmeric powder, salt and required water. Allow it to boil for 10 mins on medium heat. check consistency. Garnish with coriander leaves.