New moms are generally advised to not give sugar to babies up until they turn a year old. But if you want to satisfy your baby’s cravings for sugar, you can give him date puree, this natural sweetener can be quite useful.
Benefits of Using Date puree for Infants/Babies
Dates Puree is a natural sweetener that can be used in baby food but there is more to it. Dates have many advantages and health-related benefits, which find their way to the child through the date puree. Find out how date puree benefits a child:
- The presence of fiber helps in reducing any presence of constipation faced by the baby, as well as help in stimulating the bowels naturally.
- The nutrition present in dates is quite expansive. They are rich in Vitamin A as well as multiple minerals like magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron which help in reducing anemic tendencies.
How Can Date Puree Be Used?
Using it intelligently with your kid can help in a multitude of ways. Since it is a safe and natural way to sweeten any food items for your child, you can use it in many preparations.
- If your little one has started eating portions of bread or roti, or dosas and pancake, you can use the dates puree to coat them before feeding to your child.
- While preparing any desserts for your little one or family, opt for date puree instead of sugar or any other sweetener.
- Even simple preparations such as purees or porridge that are cooked for the baby can make use of date puree as a sweetening agent.
|Homemade Dates puree/syrup for infant/babies/kids recipe|
Rather than purchasing date puree/syrup from any marketplace, you can make it on your at home without any hassle. Here is a simple and quick recipe to make date syrup for your baby.
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves : 1 cup
Dates : 15-20 deseeded
Water : 1 cup
1. Take dates and water in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil, simmer for 10 mins till it is cooked.
2. Now cool this and take it in a blender. Puree till smooth. Pass this through a strainer.
3. Now put this back on heat and cook till it thickens. Once it starts getting thick and dark in colour, resembling honey, you can turn off the heat.
4. Cool this mixture down. Store it in a air tight container for a week or more in fridge.
5. You can use this to sweeten your baby foods.
- Take 15-20 deseeded dates. chop them into pieces. so it will cook fastly. Drop chopped dated into boiling water.
2. Cook dates till it softens. See the pic after dates got cook, water fully observed. Once it cool down blend it to puree. I used hand blender. You can use mixer jar to grind smooth paste.
3. Strain dates using strainer or you can strain with cheese cloth also. Here is the pic.
4. Transfer strained dates pulp to sauce pan. Allow it to boil till it gets thicken on medium heat. Stir it in between, so it won’t burnt the pan. See how color as changed after it got thicken.
5. Allow dates puree to cools down. Store dates puree in air tight container and store in fridge for a month. Use it as you desired.