This Mushroom curry / Mushroom masala restaurant style is an ideal side dish for chapatti / rice. Mushrooms have the ability to soak up the flavors from all the added seasonings. In this recipe the mushrooms are soft and juicy and have an interesting texture to them. Mushrooms are healthy and provide vitamins and micro nutrients and is very low in calories.
This is also probably the most easiest, spiciest and aromatic mushroom curry that you could cook to be served as a side dish to chapatti and rice. Before my marriage i never had mushroom at my home. I first taste it at my office lunch outing with my colleagues at restaurant. I thought mushroom recipe are taste good at restaurants only.
But i became a fan of mushroom recipes. So, one time i tired mushroom before my marriage. Tastes good. But my dad is not a big fan of mushroom. Then after marriage, at my hubby’s place my MIL used to do mushrooms. From her i learned few mushroom recipes. This is very simple and tasty mushroom curry south Indian style.
After came to US here i used to try different types of mushroom recipes like mushroom-masala, mushroom-biryani. In this recipe i added capsicum too. I love combination of capsicum with any veggies. Because i love capsicum that much. If you don’t like you can skip it and proceed further. I served it with curd rice.
Check out some other gravy/curry recipes here:
- pottukadalai roasted-gram-sambar
|Mushroom Masala / Mushroom Capsicum curry recipe|
This Mushroom curry / Mushroom masala restaurant style is an ideal side dish for chapatti / rice.
Prep Time : 5 mins Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 3-4 Cuisine : Indian
Mushroom : 350 gms sliced
Capsicum : 1/2 cubed (optional)
Onion : 1 medium sized chopped
Green chilly : 2 slit
Tomato : 1 large chopped
Ginger garlic crushed : 2 tsp
Red chilly powder : 1 tsp
Coriander powder : 2 tsp
Cumin powder : 1 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder : 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Fennel seeds : 1/2 tsp
Cardamom : 2 nos
Cinnamon stick : 1 inch
1. Heat oil in a pan. Crack with tempering ingredients. Then add in chopped onion with green chilies. Saute it till translucent.
2. Then add in crushed ginger garlic along with all spice powders. Cook it for 2-3 mins or till raw smell leaves.
3. Now add in tomato. Cook till mushy. Then add in sliced mushrooms, mix well to combine with spice powders. cover with lid and cook.
4. Because mushrooms release moisture. Then add in water to your desired consistency. Mix well cook 50%
5. Now add in cubed capsicum. Cook both till done. Check consistency of curry. Capsicum will be crunchy, then only it taste good.
6. Serve hot with chapatti or with rice.
- Heat oil in pan, crack with tempering ingredients. Then add in onion with green chilies. Saute it till translucent.
2. Now add in crushed ginger garlic, and all spice powder. Cook it till raw smell leaves on medium heat. I forgot to add garam masala powder while taking pic. so added then, add salt also.
3. Add in tomato, cook till mushy. Then add in sliced mushrooms. Mix well to combine well with masala. cover and cook for 2-3 mins
4. I didn’t add water. Mushroom leaves it own moisture. i cooked with that moisture itself. Sometime it will leaves less moisture. Then add in little water to mushrooms. Now add in cubed capsicum. its fully optional. Cook till done and desired consistency.