Do your children always love to order fried rice from restaurants??? Try this recipe for them and arrange your table with restaurant style chicken/veg/egg fried rice. Trust me! You will be in their good chef list
Yes! this Mixed Fried Rice is a tasty, healthy and filling recipe for your kids because it contains variety of fresh vegetables, chicken and egg. When kids come back from school feeling tired and hungry, it is a holistic meal for their appetite. For this recipe I added my kids favorite vegetables, you can add your own.
Chicken, Egg and Vegetable Mixed Fried Rice (Indochinese Style) a good main course choice for parties and picnics. It is well goes with gobi-manchurian. I deep fried chickens in this recipe. If you don’t like you can shallow fry by adding oil little by little.
I would like to share many more indo chinese recipes as I keep updating my blog with recipes. This recipe does not require any special rice like basmati…Making use of plain ordinary rice is more than enough to get the perfect taste. Or you can use any leftover rice in fridge. Do check some indo Chinese soups to warm up your soul egg-drop-soup and hot-and-sour-vegetable-soup
|Chicken fried Rice/Indo Chinese style chicken fried rice recipe|
Chicken fried rice, a very popular indo chinese recipe makes a quick one pot meal.
Prep time : 20 mins Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 3-4 Cuisine : Indo Chinese
Basmati rice : 1 cup (Any rice can use)
Water : to cook rice
Salt to taste
To cook chicken :
Chicken : 1/4 kg
Red chilly powder : 1 tsp
Pepper powder : 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
To make fried rice:
Eggs : 5 nos
Carrots : 2 medium size chopped
Cabbage : 1/2 cup chopped
Beans : 5-6 finely chopped
Red chilly sauce : 2 tbsp
Soya sauce : 1 tbsp
Vinegar : 2 tsp
Pepper powder : 1 tsp crushed
Oil : 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Spring onion : for garnishing
1. Soak the Rice for about 30 min and cook it till it is 95% cooked by Draining Method..Then Spread it on a tray and let it cool.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Crack and drop 5 eggs with salt. Cook Eggs like burji and set aside.
3. Now cut chicken in small pieces. Mix with all ingredients under to cook chicken. Heat oil and fry them to golden color. Make sure not to hard, if should be soft and fry also.
4. All set. Lets begin with fried rice. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a wide pan or wok.
5. Throw in all chopped veggies. saute for 2-3 mins. Veggies must be crunchy. Now add in all sauces, cook it for 1-2 mins. Then add in cooked rice, chicken pieces and eggs.
6. Toss everything well. Garnish with spring onions on top and serve warm.
- Soak basmati rice or any rice for 30 mins. Cook it till it is 95% cooked by draining method. Then spread in on a tray or wide plate and let it cool.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Then crack 5 eggs with salt. Mix it well to combine and cook like burji or scrambled. It must be big pieces, don’t make small one. Egg must be soft.
3. Next chicken. Cut chicken into small cubes. Wash and drain water completely. Then add in chilly powder, pepper powder and salt. Mix well to combine and deep fry or shallow fry it in oil. Set aside.
4. Now in a wide pan or wok heat 3 tbsp of oil. Add in chopped veggies. Saute it for 2-3 mins. add little salt for veggies. Then add in sauces and mix well
5. Allow veggies to cook 70-80% Then only it will be crunchy and tasty. Now add in cooked, grainy basmati rice and mix well to combine with veggies.
6. Then add in add scrambled eggs and cooked chicken pieces into it. Toss well on low heat. Crush pepper powder at last and mix well.
- For making fried rice, you can use leftover rice from fridge also. Or you can cook any kind of rice. But it must grainy for making fried rice.
2. If you left over cooked chicken, can shred them into pieces and mix with fried rice also.
3. If you don’t want to deep fry chicken, can shallow fry them or grill them as per you wish.