Biryani Recipes – Who doesn’t love a plate full of flavorful Biryani? Biryani, an evergreen classic, really needs no introduction. It’s aromatic, it’s heavenly and one of the most loved delicacies not just in India but across the globe. It is believed that Mughals were the first to introduce biryani in North India whereas South India was exposed to its brilliance through the Arabs.
The style of cooking Biryani in North India differed from the Southern states. Since a large part of North India was inhabited by vegetarian communities like Brahmins and Marwaris, North Indians successfully experimented with it to arrive at the vegetarian versions.
Traditionally, Biryanis can be classified under two categories – Pakki, wherein cooked meat is coupled with half-cooked rice and further cooked – and Katchi which involves raw Mutton pieces, marinated in yogurt/curd and spices, cooked together with uncooked rice.
Biryani is a complete meal in itself, apt to suit all occasions; whether a hearty meal on a lazy Sunday afternoon or a grand, scrumptious indulgence at the dinner table – there are varieties available to please one and all.
Here you go and check some of my biryani recipes here:
- Prawn dum biryani. With same procedure friends you can try it with chicken, mutton and veggies too. I flavors very nice. Do try and let me know.
2. Masoor dal biryani/Red Lentil biryani
3. Mushroom Biryani/Kaalaan biryani
4. Mutton Biryani on Pressure Cooker. Simple method and very tasty
5. Dindugal Chicken Biryani
6. Prawn Biryani/Eral Biryani – simple method
7. Chicken Biryani – Hotel Style. One of my favorite biryani.
8. Vegetable Biryani – very tasty and easy method of making veg biryani
9. Dindugal Thalapakaatu Mutton Biryani. Made with flavorful of freshly grounded spices.
10. Semiya biryani/Semiya prawn biryani. Instead of prawn can add chicken pieces, vegetable also. It will taste awesome.
Many more biryani recipes will come. I will try to update soon.
Please follow me for more updates.