Its healthy and helps babies to gain weight. Red rice porridge for babies is a delicious dish which is liked by the people of every age group. It can increase babies’ weight and is known as a natural energizer. Combined with dates puree, increases its nutritional value. It can give to be babies from 8 month to any age. Cooking procedure may differ according to age.
Red rice porridge is made separately and you can add the dates puree in it. You can soak red rice, drain and grind it to smooth paste. Make porridge mix dates syrup in to it. Or you can add chopped dates and make porridge. Here i have shown you how to make red rice cereal and porridge
In addition i have added poha and almonds/badam to make it more healthy and tasty. Soak red rice for 30 mins, drain water. Dry it in cloth at temperature itself. roast it in dry pan till light golden brown in color. Transfer it, then roast poha and almonds separately. Allow it to cool and make a fine powder. Store it in dry container and make a porridge when you need.
Health Benefits of Red Rice:
- Contains antioxidants
- Vitamin B6
- Lowers blood Glucose
- Prevent Heart Disease
- Lowers the risk of Obesity
- Maintain Bowel health.
Check my other cereal and porridge recipes here:
|Red rice cereal and porridge/Sivappu arisi kanji for babies recipe|
Its healthy and helps babies to gain weight. It can increase babies’ weight and is known as a natural energizer.
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 5 mins
Serves : 3/4 cup
Red rice : 1/2 cup
Roasted Gram Dal/pottu kadalai : 1/4 cup
Almond/Badam : 5 (optional)
Red rice cereal : 2 tbsp
Water : 1/2 cup
1. wash and soak red rice for 30 mins. Drain water completely. Dry at room temperature in a cloth.
2. Once its fully dry, heat a pan and dry roast it till golden brown in color. Transfer it to plate.
3. Then roast badam/almonds and roasted gram. Allow all ingredients to cool down completely.
4. Transfer it to mixer jar. Make a fine powder. Store it in air tight container.
5. For porridge. In sauce pan add in 1/2 cup of water along with 2 tbsp of red rice cereal. Cook it on medium heat till to porridge consistency.
6. If you like can add salt or dates puree or jaggery in to it. Serve baby once luke warm.