The ultimate no-cook healthy and refreshing Chana Salad or Chickpea Salad is full of vibrant colors and flavors. Makes a delicious meal and is packed with protein and fiber. To satisfy your midday cravings, everyone loves a quick and easy salad recipe. A salad that requires no cooking, is easy to put together and tastes yum!
So, how about a Channa Salad or Chickpea Salad that combines fresh vegetables including bell peppers, tomato, and onion tossed in an easy homemade lemon- olive oil dressing. Sounds yummy, right?
This make-ahead, 15-minute no-cook chickpea salad will satisfy all your cravings and makes a comforting side dish that is infused with aromatic spices. Every bite you take is packed with a fantastic mix of flavors. It is the easiest salad you have ever made.
Just mix in the boiled chickpeas along with tomato, bell peppers, and onions, moderately season it with spices and toss in a homemade lemon- olive oil dressing and a yummy salad is ready in no time. You can add veggies as you like. I just add 3 veggies from my fridge. For more dressing can add feta cheese, greek yogurt too. But i made very simple and easy salad.
Salad dressing gives chickpeas and veggies a perfect shine and a tangy flavor. The best part is that once everything is mixed up, natural juices from the fresh veggies and herbs make it even more flavorful. For more minerals i added Pink Salt too.
Do give this chickpea salad a try and if you happen to make this salad then share your comments below! If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
|Channa Salad / Chickpea Salad / Garbanzo Salad Recipe|
The ultimate no-cook healthy and refreshing Channa Salad or Chickpea Salad is full of vibrant colors and flavors. Makes a delicious meal and is packed with protein and fiber!!
Prep Time : 2-3 mins Cooking Time : 10 mins
Serves : 1-2 Cuisine : Indian, American
Channa/chickpea : 1 cup boiled/canned
Onion : 1/2 chopped (Take red variety)
Capsicum : 1/2 chopped (any color)
Tomato : 1 medium chopped (Roma variety)
Coriander leaves : 1 tbsp chopped
Pepper powder crushed
Olive Oil : 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice : 1 tbsp
Red chilly powder : 1/2 tsp
Chat masala powder : 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder : 1 tsp
Salt to taste (i took pink salt, can add any salt)
1. soak chickpea for 4-5 hours or overnight. Boil it till soft or you can take canned one also.
2. In a bowl add all ingredients under salad dressings, mix well to combine. Set aside.
3, In large mixing bowl, add chickpea, onion, tomato, capsicum and salad dressing. Mix well to combine.
4. Then add in coriander leaves and pepper powder and serve. Healthy cooking and eating.
- firstly make salad dressing. In a bowl add in olive oil, lemon juice and all spice powders along with required salt. Mix well till salt dissolve, set aside.
2. Then in large mixing bowl, add in boiled channa/chickpea. Add in chopped veggies and salad dressing. mix well to combine. Then garnish with coriander leaves and pepper powder. Again mix well and serve.