Potato balls/nuggets are a very popular potato snacks recipe made from mashed potatoes. Crunchy, tasty and simply irresistible snacks recipe Now you can have the perfect, crispy and homemade crispy mashed potato nugget/balls. In addition these nuggets are ideal kids snacks recipes or tiffin box recipes. Potato balls made of only with 5 ingredients.
I would like to share some basic tips and suggestions for a perfect crisp potato nuggets recipe. Firstly, and more importantly after the potatoes are boiled, make sure it contains less moisture. Basically this would help to shape the nuggets and also consumes less oil.
Secondly, you can add in any veggies like carrot, corn or stuff any variety of cheese in the middle of potato balls. But i didnt add anything inside. This is very simple and easy method. Only thing is, after mixing all ingredient. Just keep potato dough in fridge for 2 hours. If you want immediately, keep in freezer for 30 mins. So that potato dough will form to thick consistency.
Potato balls/ nuggets are great for party as starter or appetizer, kids birthday party, snacks or tiffin box special. If you are planning to make for a party. Just make balls, dip in maida paste and coat it with bread crumbs a day before or in the morning for evening party. Keep in freezer and fry it when you need and serve. It will go great with mayo or ketchup. Or you can bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes. make sure to rotate these on a regular interval if you are baking it in conventional oven.
Check here for other kids snacks:
- bread-sugar-butter-quick snacks
|Potato balls / Potato Nuggets / Kids snacks recipe|
This is very easy, simple and tasty snack for kids, party and get together.
Prep Time : 5 mins Cooking Time : 10 mins
Serves : 8 balls Cuisine : American
Potato : 1 large boiled
Egg yolk : 1
Nutmeg powder : a pinch (optional)
Pepper powder : 1 tsp
Butter : 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
oil to deep fry
For outer Coating:
Plain flour/Maida : 2 tbsp
Water as needed
Bread crumbs : 1 cup
1. Boil the potato, make sure it contains less moisture. Mash it up. Add in egg yolk and butter. Mix it up well.
2. Then add in pepper powder and nutmeg powder, salt. Mix well to combine.
3. Refrigerate it for 2 hours or 30 min in freezer. Then make a small ball with potato dough. You can make cylindrical shape also.
4. Then dip it in maida mixture and coat well in bread crumbs. Now deep fry it in oil or bake them in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes. make sure to rotate these on a regular interval if you are baking it in conventional oven.
5. Serve hot with mayo or ketchup. Enjoy it when it warm.
- If you not adding egg yolk. Add some bread crumbs for binding potato dough.
- Instead of bread crumbs can add corn flakes crushed for outer coating also.