Today I am sharing with you guys the recipe for one of the most popular Indian sweets, Kaju Katli or Kaju Burfi. It’s basically a fudge made of cashews (cashew=kaju in Hindi). Basically it used to be that expensive sweet that everyone was crazy about and I never cared enough for it. For me its simple to make homemade kaju katli.
If we talk about the recipe, it appears to very simple with only 3 main ingredients – cashews, water and sugar. However I will not say that it’s super simple to make. Don’t worry I am not trying to scare you guys, of course I want you guys to try it this for any occasion. But what I want to emphasize is that even if you don’t get it right in the 1st try, don’t give up. I am confident that with practice you will become and expert making Kaju Katli at home and then you would never want to buy one from the market!
This indian sweet recipe is the most economical in terms of calories and complexity of preparation compared to other indian sweets. This barfi can be easily prepared in 15 minutes without much fuss and effort. Moreover, this yummy sweet does not require ghee unlike other traditional indian sweets. In this recipe i have not used silver vark to garnish the barfi, but you can add it if you like so. adding silver vark would not enhance the taste but it looks very beautiful.
Check out my other sweets recipes like :
|Kaju Katli / Kaju Barfi / Kaju Burfi recipe|
This indian sweet recipe is the most economical in terms of calories and complexity of preparation compared to other indian sweets.
Prep Time : 5 mins Cooking Time : 10 mins
Serves : 25 Cuisine : Indian
Cashews : 1 cup
Sugar : 1/2 cup (I used raw sugar, u can use white sugar too)
Water : 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder : 1/8 tsp
Ghee : 1 tsp
Butter paper as needed
1. In a small mixer jar, take 1 cup cashews. Grind to smooth powder. keep aside.
2. in a pan take sugar along with water. keep the heat on low and keep on stirring to form syrup.
3. stir the sugar syrup till it forms 1 string consistency.
4. Then add in cashew powder. Remember to keep the flame on low all the time and give a good mix.
5. Add cardamom and continue to mix till it starts releasing from pan.
6. once the cashew paste turns to dough leaving the pan add a tsp of ghee.
7. continue to mix till the ghee melts completely and cashew dough is formed leaving the pan.
8. switch off the heat. and grease the butter paper with ghee. transfer the cashew dough on to the butter paper. Grease your hand with little ghee and knead 30 seconds.
9. once you get smooth dough, cover with butter paper. take a chapati roller and roll it to form uniform layer. adjusting the thickness according to your choice.
10. cut the edges so that you can get perfect diamond shapes. now cut the dough into diamond shape or the shape you wish for.
11. Serve it immediately.