Prawns Fry / Prawn varuval is a treat for seafood lovers. Prawns are the delicacies of the sea world they have an exceptional taste while having lower calories.
Prawn 65 is a spicy and wonderfully tasty appetizer. It is quick and easy to prepare. I learnt this recipe from my cousin. Few days, I have tried this recipe and it tasted nice and great..!It is a dry preparation of prawn pieces marinated in spicy masala and deep fried. My family love this prawn dish…!!!Here is the hot and spicy recipe that you and your family will enjoy..
I just deep fried for quick fix. If you dint want to deep fry, you can shallow fry it too. Keep on very low heat, stir often by adding oil little by little. till when its turn to crisp and golden brown in color. Or either deep fry it.
While deep frying, take care. because i added egg in this recipe. So oil will be foamy and bubble when we put it into oil. My family loved the taste of shrimp/prawn 65 very much. We enjoyed it to core. I gave it to my friends family. They loved it very much. So friends please do try this simple recipe and share your experience. Let’s jump into the recipe.
Check out my other prawn recipe here :
- muttai-eral-poriyalegg-with-shrimp-poriyal egg-prawn-bhurji
|Prawn – 65 / Shrimp – 65 / Eral – 65 Recipe|
Prawns Fry / Prawn varuval is a treat for seafood lovers. This is very simple and tasty recipe.
Prep Time : 5 mins Cooking Time : 15 mins
Serves : 3-4
Prawns : 25
Egg : 1
Ginger Garlic paste : 1 tbsp
Red chilly powder : 2 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Pepper powder : 1 tsp
Curry leaves : 5-6 finely chopped
Gram Flour : 1 tbsp
Corn Starch : 1 tbsp
salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
1. Clean and wash prawns with turmeric powder. Set aside.
2. Take all ingredients ready. With all ingredients in prawns except egg. Let is sit for 15 mins.
3. Then add in egg and mix to coat well with prawns.
4. Now heat oil in a pan and start to fry in oil till crisp and golden brown in color.
5. Garnish with fried curry leaves and serve hot as a appetizer or snacks or as sides for rice or biryani.