Rava Laddu/Ladoo is all my family favorite sweet. I learned rava laddu from my Mother In Law. Yes, she used to do rava ladoo often. I love her recipes and her way of cooking. Please check out my coconut ladoo and maa ladoo/splited-gram ladoo
A simple indian sweet recipe that can be prepare within minutes and with simple available ingredients in our kitchen. The basic ingredients involved in this recipe is sugar, rava / semolina and Nuts. It is an ideal sweet for diwali celebrations or for any festivals and occasions.
Some important tips and suggestions for a perfect and smooth rava ladoo or rava laddu recipe. Firstly, use coarse rava to get nice texture to ladoo and roast with fresh ghee for more flavor. Also make sure to increase / decrease the amount of sugar according to your taste bud. Lastly, if the mixture turns brittle, add few tbsp of milk and make ladoo or if you like add warm ghee little by little and make laddu.
|RAVA LADOO/RAVA LADDU/SOOJI LADOO/SEMOLINA LADDU RECIPE|
Prep Time : 5 mins Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves : 25-30 Cuisine : Indian
Rava/Sooji/Semolina : 2cups
Sugar : 1.5 cups (Increase or decrease to ur taste bud)
Cardamom powder : 1 tsp
Cashews : 10 chopped
Raisin : 12-15
Milk : 1/4 cup (warm)
Ghee : 1/4 cup
1. heat ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins till cashews turns golden brown and raisins puff ups. Transfer them to a plate and set aside.
2. In the same pan add 2 cups of rava and roast on low flame.
roast the sooji until it changes color to light brown and turns aromatic.
3. Then add in powdered sugar, cardamom powder and fried cashews and raisins. Mix well all to combine.
4. Turn off heat. Add in warm milk and mix well to coat. It should be little wet. Allow it to cool down slightly.
5. when its still warm enough, prepare laddus with your palm.
6. finally, serve rava ladoo / suji laddu once cooled completely or store in airtight container for 2 weeks.