Never in my wildest imagination I had thought that anybody could make dosa out of vendakkai/Ladies finger….. 5 days back I was searching in google and youtube for vendakkai recipes. Because, I have left 10-12 okra’s at my fridge. I have to complete it. Just searching and thinking what to do with 10- 12 okra’s. Shall I keep sambar or vendakkai puli kuzhumbu.
Ok usually used to do. Will search for something differ, I got this idea of vendakkai/Okra Dosa. Actually I saw this recipe grinding fresh batter for this okra dosa. I was thinking, if that batter got some leftover what to do. So, I planned to try on my way. Means, I grind young fresh okra/vendakkai with ginger, green chilly and cumin seeds by adding little water. Just add it in needed dosa batter, mixed it and make a dosa.
When I tried this dosa, I was so panicked seeing the dosa batter. It was so so slimy. I was so upset and felt what to do with this dosa batter now? To my surprise when I did dosa out of them.. they were so perfect just like dosa. My son is a picky eater. He wont eat okra. But he had this okra dosa without any doubt and troubling. My hubby also loved this dosa, because he is a vendakkai lover.
My day was complete, because I gave my family a healthy meal. Ok friends just jump into the vendakkkai dosa recipe. Do check my other tiffin-items
|Vendakkai/Okra dosa/Ladies finger dosa with left over dosa batter recipe|
Healthy Vedakkai/Ladies finger dosa with leftover dosa batter recipe.
Prep Time : 5 mins Cooking Time : 3-4 mins each dosa
Serves : 10 dosa
Dosa batter : 3 cups
Oil/ghee : as needed
To grind :
Young Okra/vendakkai : 10 nos
cumin seeds : 1 tsp
Green chiily : 2
Ginger : 1 inch
1. Take 3 cups of dosa batter in a mixing bowl. Take all ingredients under to grind table to a mixer jar.
2. Add little water, make a smooth paste. Mix this vendakkai paste to dosa batter and mix well.
3. Let it sit for 5 mins. Heat dosa tawa, grease it with oil.
4. Ladle a spoon full of vendakkai dosa batter and spread to thin. sprinkle some oil or ghee as you wish.
5. Let it cook to golden brown in color. Flip it over and cook it for 1 more mins.
6. Take out to plate and serve hot with tomato-chutney and