Healthy and homemade soya and poha cereal for your babies which is high in protein and carb. Helps in weight gaining in babies.
This is my second travel food for babies. My first travel food is poha-cereal. This is very helpful for busy mom’s and while traveling with babies. Need is Instant soya and poha cereal and a flask of hot water, bowl and spoon.
This is a well thought recipe keeping in mind the Protein requirement for Vegetarians. Soya is a boon for vegetarians and hence very widely used in many recipes. Soya when roasted well, and doesn’t need further cooking. Also Thin Poha/Beaten Rice needs very minimal cooking and the same job is done by using piping hot water to make this mix.
This Instant Soya Poha Cereal can be started for babies after 7 months. As babies at this age need only one or two solids maximum per day. on your next travel you can carry a pack of this Instant Soya Poha Cereal Mix, a Flask of Piping Hot Water, a Bowl and a Spoon, and tada… babies food can be just made in a whisk.
|INSTANT SOYA AND POHA CEREAL – TRAVEL FOOD FOR BABIES – NO NEED TO COOK|
On your next Travel with baby take this easy peasy Instant Mix
Prep time : 2 mins Cooking time : 10 mins
Serves : 3/4 cup
Soya : 1/4 cup
Poha : 1/2 cup
Ajwain : 1/4 tsp
Soya poha cereal : 2 tbsp
Hot water as needed
Ghee : 1/2 tsp (optional)
1. Take a pan and Dry Roast Thin Poha/Beaten Rice for 2 minutes and transfer to a plate to cool. Add Soya bean to the same pan and on very low flame dry roast until color changes. Check if cooked and roasted well by popping a Soya bean or two into your mouth, to be double sure of.
2. Transfer the well roasted Soya bean to the same plate. Add Ajwain/Omam which helps easy digestion to the pan and just give a quick stir for a minute.
3. Once all ingredients cools down. Grind poha with ajwain and soya beans separately to fine powder.
4. Sieve it well. If any coarse or non grind ingredients, make fine powder and sieve again. Make sure powder should be very fine one.
5. On your next travel, take the bottle of Instant Soya Poha Cereal Mix, a Flask of Hot Water, a Bowl and a Spoon and quickly prepare the Instant Mix.
6. First make a thick paste of the mixture to avoid lumps forming. And then add little more water as required and adjust the porridge consistency.
Your baby’s food is ready.. Tada…
- Sieveing is very important. Because soya and poha cereal is no cook food.
- So,if any non grind ingredients will affect babies. So please make sure to grind it to fine powder and sieve.