Soft well cooked rice, steaming hot sambar or a mildly spiced dal, prawn podimas or puttu as we call it and spicy fish fry as sides will make a finger licking lunch platter! This prawn puttu tastes almost like crab puttu but this is much easier. The minced prawn bits taste so succulent and along with the spices makes a very flavorful side-dish for rice along with any curries.
This is one of our family’s favorite side dish. Like sura puttu, same procedure. Taste may vary slightly. Anyhow we love all seefood puttu varieties very much. This is go very well with sambar and rasam.
Here i used ingredients are will available in pantry. I used normal big onions. If you want can used shallots or pearl onions. I used homemade milagai podi/powder. If you not have that, you can used red chilly powder also. Take care of spicy level, because in this recipe i added green chillies, ginger and garlic.
So, friends do try this recipe and let me know how it turns out for you. Please follow me for more updates. Lets jump into the recipe….
|Eral Puttu/Prawn puttu/prawn podimas/Eral minced recipe|
This prawn puttu tastes almost like crab puttu but this is much easier.
|Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 15 mins|
Serves : 4-5
Prawns/Eral : 400 gms
Onion : 400 gms finely chopped
Ginger : 2 inch finely chopped
Green chilly : 3 finely chopped
Garlic : 7-8 finely chopped
Curry leaves : 1 spring finely chopped
Coriander leaves : 1 tbsp finely chopped
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp + 1 tsp
Chilly powder : 1 tsp (I used homemade milagai powder)
Salt to taste
Oil : 2 tbsp
1. Clean and wash prawns. Take prawns in a wide pan with water and turmeric powder. Allow it to cook till soft. Drain water, transfer prawns too mixier jar. Give pulse speed for 1 -2 times. Grind to coarse.
2. Heat oil in wide pan, i used cast iron. Then add in chopped onion, ginger, garlic, green chillies, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
3. Cook till brown in color. in mean time, coarse grinded prawns mix it with turmeric powder and milagai podi.
4. Add it to cooked veggies, mix well. Cook it medium heat, stir it often. Cook to golden brown in color or raw smell leaves.
5. Serve it with white rice and sambar or rasam.
- Cook prawns with turmeric powder, it will help to remove raw smell in prawns.
- We used to prepare with homemade milagai powder. You can add red chilly powder instead of.
- adding garlic to this recipe is an additional flavor.