Veg Spring Rolls are crispy deep fried snacks filled with a delicious stuffing of lightly spiced and crunchy vegetables.
Spring Rolls are a popular Asian snack which are often served before the meals as an appetizer. A mixture of vegetables, salt and spices is rolled into spring roll wrappers and is then deep fried or baked. This results into a crunchy and delicious snack.
You can use any mix of vegetables for the filling. Cabbage and carrots are the most commonly used ones as they help to enhance the taste. You can also add capsicum, beans, sprouts etc. I have used store-bought Spring Rolls wrappers but you can also make them at home.
Veg spring rolls can be baked or fried, but the fried variation is generally more common. The dish is quick and relatively easy to prepare. Spring Rolls can be served with a spicy sauce like Schezwan sauce, sweet chilli sauce or even tomato ketchup. They are healthy snacks due to the liberal use of vegetables and enjoyed by children as well.
Veg spring rolls are available in many restaurants and are sometimes also found on street side stalls. The dish is also suitable to be served in parties as a snack or appetizer. This is go great with egg-drop-soup.
|Veg spring rolls/chinese spring roll/ vegetable spring rolls recipe|
The dish is also suitable to be served in parties as a snack or appetizer.
Prep time : 15 mins Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 15 rolls
Spring roll sheets : 15 (store bought)
Carrot : 2 medium size shredded
Cabbage : 2 cups thinly sliced
Ginger : 1 inch finely chopped
Garlic : 3-4 finely chopped
Onion : 1 medium size sliced
Sugar : 1 tsp
salt to taste
Oil : 1 tbsp
Soy sauce : 1 tbsp
Corn flour : 1 tbsp
Tomato ketchup : 1 tbsp
Oil to deep fry
Maida : 2 -3 tbsp
water to make paste
1.In a kadai add oil and let it heat. Now add ginger garlic and all the vegetables. saute till translucent.
2. Now mix cornflour with soy sauce, tomato sauce and add to the vegetables and cook for 1 min.
3. Transfer the entire mixture to a plate and let it cool down. Mix maida with some water and make it into a paste.
4. Take a springroll sheet,keep the pointing side nearest to you,place some filling in there and start rolling.when you come to the end,seal it with the maida mixture,and roll it into spring rolls.
5. Make every sheet in to springrolls. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry all those spring rolls till golden.
6. Serve hot with ketchup and mayonnaise or any hot sauce.