Carrot tomato soup recipe for babies is very healthy and has fab amount of nutrients. Carrot and Tomato are a very nice combination and the rich red colored soup is indeed a treat to eyes and our bodies too.
Carrot tomato soup for babies, kids and whole family- We as a family love soups specially during winter season. My 6 years old son loves tomatoes and carrots and this soup is one of his favorite. I have been giving this carrot tomato soup to him since he was about a 2 years old. Started to give my 9 month old daughter too.
Benefits of carrot tomato soup:
Widely recommended by pediatricians, carrots are very good source of Vitamin A, beta-carotene and hence very good for eyes. It is also high in anti-oxidants and boosts the immunity.
Tomato-the other major ingredient in the soup is a nutrition-dense ingredient. Tomatoes are a rich source of vitamins A and C. It contain a wide array of beneficial nutrients and antioxidants, including lycopene, folic acid & beta-carotene.
I have used salt and sugar in this soup. You can omit it for babies less than 1 year old. Tomato carrot soup can be served to babies above 6 months of age. It is especially good for kids/babies who are prone to cold or with low immunity.
|Tomato and carrot soup for babies, toddlers and kids|
Carrot tomato soup recipe for babies is very healthy and has fab amount of nutrients.
Prep time : 5 mins Cooking Time : 10 mins
Serves : 3 cups
Tomato : 3 medium sized
Carrots : 10 (i used baby carrots)
Sugar : 1/2 tsp (i used raw sugar)
Pepper powder : 1 tsp
Cumin powder : 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water : 2.5 cups (i used 2nd time rice cleaned water)
1. Wash tomato and carrots thoroughly. Take a pressure cooker, add tomato and carrots in it.
2. Add in 2.5 cups of water. pressure cook it for 4-5 whistles.
3. Once cooled, take cooked veggies to blender make a smooth puree. You can used hand blender also.
4. If you want filter it or serve as it is. Add in salt, sugar, pepper and cumin powder in it.
5. Serve warm for toddlers and kids.
- You can take normal water too. But its good to add 2nd time rice cleaned water.
- A dollop of butter can be added for richness
- Soup can be served with paratha / roti / bread. One can also team it up with cheese /vegetable sandwich
- Boil some pasta/ hakka noodle and mix with soup. Let the mix boil for 2 minutes and serve
- Giving it to babies don’t add sugar and salt. serve once cooled. can add butter or ghee too.