Coconut ladoo with condensed milk is an easy and quick dessert with only three ingredients. Coconut ladoo is a soft and delicious coconut sweet in 15 mins.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT LADOO WITH CONDENSED MILK?
Coconut ladoo is an easy and quick dessert. Coconut ladoo is made by two methods. A traditional way of cooking coconut ladoo is by roasting the coconut in ghee and cook with the milk until it becomes thick.
This method takes a long time and effort to cook.
The second method is by making coconut ladoo with condensed milk. This method is easy and simple to make in 15 minutes. Condensed milk takes only 10 minutes to become thick, so you can make this dessert quickly.
SMART COOKING TIPS:
- You can use desiccated coconut, no need to cook before. But, if you are using frozen shredded coconut, make sure to thaw it thoroughly before start cooking. You can also use grated coconut in this recipe.
- You have to roast the coconut with a little amount of ghee until the color changes slightly into golden brown for a strong coconut flavor and mild ghee flavor.
- Keep on stirring the shredded coconut and condensed milk together when cooking to avoid getting burned. Because condensed milk tends get burn and stick to the bottom of a pan quickly.
A QUICK DESSERT FOR THE PARTIES:
Coconut ladoo with condensed milk is an excellent dessert recipe for parties and potlucks. You can make coconut ladoo a day before the party and store it in a refrigerator.
You can serve the coconut laddoo cold because it tastes good even when it is cold also. If your guests surprised you suddenly, you can make this coconut ladoo in few minutes.
|Coconut ladoo/ A quick dessert under 15 mins/ |
Coconut ladoo with condensed milk is an easy and quick dessert with
only three ingredients. Coconut ladoo is a soft and delicious coconut
sweet in 15 mins.
Prep time : 2-3 mins Cooking : 10 mins
Serves : 15 ladoo’s
Shredded Coconut : 2 cups + 1/2 cup for rolling
Condensed Milk : 1/2 tin
Cardamom powder : 1 tsp
Ghee : for greasing
1. Im using fresh coconut, so roast on low heat till moisture leaves or slightly golden brown here and there. Dont roast to dark. It will change the taste and look of ladoo.
2. Heat a pan over medium heat, add shredded and roast coconut, condensed milk, add crushed cardamom and mix well.
3. Stir for 4 – 5 minutes or until the mixture turns non sticky and becomes a mass.
4. Remove the pan from heat and allow it to cool.When the coconut
mixture cooled down, shape them into the small balls and roll it over the grated coconut. Grease your hands with ghee each time while rolling.
- Dry roast the shredded coconut till moisture leaves or slightly golden brown here and there. Dont roast it to dark. Add in condensed milk.
2. Add in cardamom powder. Mix all together. Heat over medium heat and stir for 4 – 5 minutes or until the mixture turns non sticky and becomes a mass.
3. Allow coconut mixtures to cool down. Grease your hand with ghee. Try to shape them into small balls and roll it over grated coconut or desiccated coconut.
- If using fresh coconut, take care not to choose too young, tender coconut.
- Avoid scraping the coconut too much with the brown part, as it will spoil the colour of the ladoos.
- If your coconut is too moist, dry roast without changing its color.
- You can refrigerate the ladoos, but since coconut, consume within 3-4 days.