Hi friends, Diwali over. Hope all you enjoyed your Diwali with sweets and savories. All must tried doing cleaning, decoration etc., I just tried this milk peda apple shaped sweet for Diwali. Cant wait to share with you all. Here you go.
Apple Peda, cute little apple shaped peda made of Milk powder and Condensed milk. This is purely a milk sweet since we are using condensed milk, milk powder and ghee. You can adjust the sweetness by using the appropriate amount of milkmaid or condensed milk. The same peda can be made with paneer or plain khoya/ mawa.
For coloring, you can either use color powder or liquid color. For coloring, i used less than a drop of red food color mixed in 1 tsp of water and you need a paintbrush tool to paint on the pedas. It’s quite interesting… Since it looks like apple, we call it apple peda, otherwise it can also be known as Milk Peda. This recipe is easy to follow and takes less than 30 mins to prepare along with the coloring part. Do share your feedback if you try this or any other recipes from our blog.
Check other sweet Recipes here:
Prep Time : 3 mins Cooking Time : 20 mins
Yields : 8 -10 small apple pedas
Milk powder : 1 cup
Condensed milk/milkmaid : 1/2 cup or tin (sweetened)
Ghee : 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder : 1/8 tsp
Warm milk : 2 tbsp
Saffron : few strands
Red food color : a pinch mix with a tsp of water
Cloves : Decoration
Brush : for painting pedas
- Take warm milk, soak saffron strands for few mix. In a pan add milk powder, condensed milk, saffron warm milk and whisk well without any lumps. add 1 tbsp. of ghee. This should be done before switching on the heat or stove.
- Now switch on the heat to medium low and stir continuously for avoiding lumps. Cook until it starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Once it starts to leave the sides of the pan, add 1 tbsp ghee and give a quick mix.
- Cook until you acquire a thick sticky consistency. Turns off heat. Allow it cools down.
- Grease your hands, smoothen the dough well with your hands and make small balls.
- Insert a clove upside down in it. These all should be done when the mixture is warm.
- With help of a brush paint the peda with red food color same like a small apple.
- Repeat the same for all pedas. Paint up to down or down to up.
- Set aside for at least one hour or keep refrigerated for best results. The pedas will be chewy while eating immediately, but after one hour you will get the perfect texture.
- You can make big shaped apples also.
- Saffron milk is optional.
- Don’t brush peda evenly colored. Leave here and there. Then only it seems like apple.
- Don’t brush on sideward. It wont look nice.
- You can keep apple while brushing peda for perfect finish.