Here is another quick and easy potato recipe that you can either prepare as a side dish or simply as a snack. For these pancakes the potatoes are not cooked in advance but grated and squeezed well of any excess liquid. This step is really important to ensure getting delicious crispy pancakes on the outside.
Potatoes have always made a great pair with cheese and so these ingredients are a must as well. As for the spices besides pepper powder you can add any others you like best, like paprika, chili, herbs and so on. You can add eggs too. But here i made with no eggs. Just grate potato, soak in water for 5 mins. Then squeeze out well as said before. Add in cheese, pepper powder,salt, corn flour, coriander leaves. Mix well all together. Take some potato mix in hand, make it flat or take in scoop. Fry them in oil. No need to deep fry it. You can add onions, eggs, gram flour etc., as you desire.
These Cheese Potato Pancakes turned really great. Really crispy on the outside while the interior is soft and deliciously flavored. You should probably double the quantities as they go really fast. Everybody enjoyed them even the kids. They also can be a great idea for their lunch boxes or to take on the go. Enjoy!
Check out other kids recipes here:
- Bread, sugar & butter – Quick snacks for kids/Toddlers snacks box
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 10 mins
Serves : 2
Potato : 1 Large (Peeled and grated)
Cheese : 1/4 cups (grated)
Corn flour : 2 tbsp
Pepper powder : 1 tsp
Coriander leaves : 1 tbsp chopped
Salt to taste
Oil as needed
- Take a large potato, peel of skin. Wash it in water. Grate it in small holes grater.
- Soak grated potato in water for 5 mins. Then squeeze out water thoroughly with hands or using kitchen.
- Take it in bowl. Add in grated cheese, pepper powder, salt, corn flour, coriander leaves with squeezed potato.
- Mix well. It will leaves water, no need to add water. Heat oil over medium high heat. Use an hands or ice cream scoop to take equal amounts of potato mixture and add to the pan. Use the back of a spoon to flatten the patties. Cook about 3 or 4 patties at a time.
- If you using your hands, just flatten in hand like vada as shown in pics.
- Cook until browned about 4 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.Transfer the pancakes to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil. Try to serve cheesy potato pancakes warm.
- No need to add water, squeeze out well after adding your ingredients. it will leaves moisture by its own.
- You can add in onions, egg, instead of corn flour can add gram flour etc.,
- You can add paprika, chili powder, garlic or onion powder as you desire. Its full of as you imagine and like.
- If you using ice cream scoop, flat it with spoon backside to even it.
- Squeezing is very important.