Masala peanuts / masala kadalai is a tasty snack which can be served during tea time. It is a tasty crunchy and easy to make snack which is made with roasted peanuts. You can make masala peanuts at home very easily.
Masala peanut is one such snack which I used to have as a kid. We used to buy from a nearby store. I have a family who love to munch on something while watching television. And there is nothing to beat this homemade masala peanuts. Peanuts are very rich in proteins though I agree that this deep fried version is not very healthier. You can also try roasting in microwave. I will also post the microwave recipe very soon.
Method of making masala peanuts at home is very simple, mix all the ingredients together, sprinkle little water at a time and mix well, so that the masala gets coated in the peanuts. Then deep fry it or microwave it. But while adding water, take care not to add more. The batter should get well coated in the peanuts.
Serve Masala peanuts as a snack with Masala Tea/Chai or coffee.
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 15 mins
Serves : 4-5
Peanuts : 2 cups (roasted)
Gram flour : 1/2 cup
rice Flour : 3 tbsp
Corn Flour : 3 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste : 1 tsp
Curry leaves : 1 spring
Hing : 2 pinches
Kashmiri chilly powder : 2 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Garam masala powder : 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water as needed
- In a mixing bowl, add roasted peanuts. Along with that, add red chilly, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, hing and salt.
- Add little water and mix well, rest it for 10 mins. Then add in flours, curry leaves mix well.
- Sprinkle little water at a time, and gently mix with your fingers, until each peanut is coated with masala.
- Add a little bit of hot oil and mix well.
- Deep fry the peanuts in oil in medium heat and try to separate the peanuts as far as possible with the spoon.
- Cook until they become golden brown in color. Remove them from oil and transfer to an absorbent paper or a kitchen towel.
- Masala peanuts ready. Serve it with tea.