Maa Ladoo (Maa Laddu) also called as Pottukadalai urundai is a famous South Indian sweet which can made in a jiffy with just 5 ingredients. I am making this for the first time and let me tell you maa laddu is a very easy sweet recipe to make and as Roasted Gram is very healthy especially for kids you can try this quick easy laddo for Diwali or for any occasions too.
Roasted grams or split gram are packed with nutrition and this ladoo is simply delicious. The maa ladoo are one of my favorite ladoo as they simply melt in you mouth. Roasting gram till it leaves a nice aroma is very important. So, do not skip this step. Make sure you start making this ladoo when its still warm. The specific heat of ghee is very high. So be careful while making balls. You can use gloves to make balls too. Read the complete steps before you start making these maladdu and enjoy:)….
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 15 mins
Serves : 22-25 ladoo
Roasted Gram/Pottukadalai : 2 cups
Sugar : 1 cup
Cardamom : 3
Ghee : 1/2 cup (Warm)
Cashews : 10 chopped
- Dry roast potukadalai(roasted gram) for 3mins or till nice aroma rises, dont let it change its color. Allow it to cool down. In a dry mixer grind it to a fine powder.
- Then powder sugar and cardamom. Sieve both powders in the same bowl.
- In a pan add a tsp of ghee and fry the cashews till golden brown, mix it with a flour. Now heat ghee for a minute and pour it little by little into the mixing bowl.
- Mix well with a flour little by little. Take some flour when it is warm. Press it tightly and make it to a ball shape. When its warm(hand bearable) start shaping them into laddus. Repeat this for the rest of the flour too.
- Let it dry, then store it in airtight container.
- You can add chopped almonds and raisins too.
- I love less sugar. If you want, can add 1 1/2 cups of sugar also.
- If you don’t like to add ghee to much, can add warm milk also. But u can store it for less days only.
- This keeps well for atleast 2 weeks.
- Dry roasting roasted gram is optional but gives a nice flavour to the ladoos.