Happy to inform this my 200nd recipe. Kudal Kulambu is a traditional recipe of Tamil Nadu. This is one of my mom’s best signature dish and this is prepared by her at my kitchen and i took pics. I really love it so much, but yet some people have a dislike over this yummy curry. If you ask me if its prepared in the correct way then it will not have any smell and that’s the main reason for dislike I guess . And If you taste the curry once sure you are going to love it like I do. This pairs fantastic with plain white rice / Idli / Dosa. And this goat intestine is a good remedy for mouth ulcer.
Whenever I got those irritating sores then my mom used to make this Kudal Kulambu. And after having this curry I really felt better. When I was small whenever my dad buy this goat intestine its a very huge work for my mom to clean those intestines. But now a days its not a big deal. We used to buy this goat intestine from our near by mutton stall. And it is thoroughly cleaned and chopped like usual meat. So we never have to bother about cleaning anymore. Then cleaning under normal water like any other meat is enough. Always make sure the goat intestine is cleaned properly before proceeding to cook. Lets see how to prepare this authentic Kudal Kulambu / Goat Intestine Curry….
Check related mutton recipes here:
Prep time : 20 mins Cooking Time : 45 mins
Serves : 5-6
Boti/kudal/Intestine : 1 kg (Cleaned)
Onion : 2 mediun sized chopped
Tomato : 2 large
Tamarind : 1/2 cup tamarind water
Curry leaves : a spring
Ginger : 1 inch crushed
Kuzhumbu milagai podi : 3-4 tbsp
Salt to taste
Gingelly oil : 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Boti was cleaned and chopped at my butcher shop itself. So i washed it with salt and turmeric. Washed in hot water for 3-4 times.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker. add gingelly oil and mustard seeds. Once cracked, add in chopped onions with curry leaves.
- Add in crushed ginger, saute it for a min. Then add in tomato, cook till mushy.
- Now add cleaned boti along with kuzhumbu milagai podi and salt. mix well. cook it for 5 mins.
- Now add in 1/2 cup tamarind water and 2 cups of water. mix well.
- Cover cooker with lid. cook boti on medium heat for 45 mins.
- Once air released, open and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with white rice/Idly or Dosa as you desired.
- Cleaning with turmeric powder and salt in hot water is very important. Because it will destroy bad smell in intestine or kudal.
- While making kuzhumbu must be spicy. After it cooked, spicy level will reduced.
- Adding gingelly oil will give more taste to kuzhumbu.
- If you like to add coconut, add after kudal cook till tender. Then add in coconut paste boil it for 5 mins and serve.