Healthy combo of veggies tossed in an aromatic masala and then baked inside a puff pastry until nicely golden, flaky and crispy on the outside.
veg puff recipe | curry puff recipe | vegetable puff recipe with step by step photo recipe. Perhaps one of the common snack recipe across all the south east asian countries, but the filling may differ from region to region. In India there are several varieties, including veg puff, egg puff, paneer puff and chicken puff recipe which is typically consumed as evening snack and even sometime as breakfast.
- Birds Nest Cutlet/Kuruvi Koodu Cutlet
- Chicken Pakoda/Pakora
- Mangalore Bajji/Goli Baje/Mangalore Bonda
- Mixed Vegetable Pakora/Veg pakoda Recipe
Prep Time : 35-45 mins Baking Time : 30 mins
Serves : 8
Puff Pastry Sheets : 8 squares
For Filling :
Oil : 2 tbsp
Onion : 1 sliced
Tomato : 1 large chopped
Potato : 2 medium size cooked and cubed
Carrot : 1 medium size chopped
Peas : 1/4 cup (i used frozen)
Beans : 10 chopped
Chilli powder : 2 tsp
Garam masala : 1 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
salt to taste
Sugar : 1 tsp
Soy Sauce : 2 tsp
Tomato Ketchup : 1 tbsp
Coriander Leaves : 2 tbsp chopped
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in onions, saute for 2 mins till it turn light golden.
- Now add in tomatoes and saute for 5 mins till the tomatoes turn mushy. Add in salt and sugar. mix well.
- Add in spice powders and mix well. Now add in all the veggies except potatoes. Mix well with the masala.
- Pour a splash of water and cover the pan. Cook for 10 mins till the veggies are tender.
- Now add in boiled potatoes and mix well. Add in soy sauce and tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Take puff pastry square, Spread it a little if it is thick.
- Spoon some filling on the center and fold it over with your fingers or with press with fork.
- Now arrange them in a baking tray. Bake it in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 mins till the top is golden, i turn the tray half way through for even colouring.
- Now serve with ketchup.
Ready to serve. I served it with ketchup.