Madurai is not only famous for Meenakshi temple, malligai poo there are few more things that adds the asset of it, one among is the “Kari Dosai”.If you had ever tasted the Madurai kari dosai, I bet you must be pining to have it again. It’s a very famous food in Madurai and everyone from Tamil Nadu might be aware of it if not tasted. There are lots of vegetarian dosai varieties, however in the non-veg, I really give a hats off to the person who invented this recipe. It’s a very innovative dish and at first I thought I could taste only in restaurants. But when I prepared at home, my family enjoyed it like a feast and added to their favorite among my recipes as they never tasted it before.
Kari dosa is like a mini dosa with meat toppings; the entire dosa is cooked upside down and cooked for couple of minutes, the result an awesome dish with delicious taste.It is not that spicy as you may think. The combination of mutton with masala makes it tasty with the combination of egg in it makes you to feel that out of the world taste. Seriously, you may think I am exaggerating it, but the truth will be there at your taste buds after you taste it. If you are a dosa fanatic then I would recommend this to you to try. With no further delay; here you go with the “talk of the temple city” recipe.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you..
Other Similar Recipes:
Prep Time : 10 Cooking Time : 35 -45 mins
Serves : 3-4
Dosa Batter as needed
Eggs : 2
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves a handful finely chopped
Oil for making dosa
Mutton Kheema : 250 grams
Oil : 2 tbsp
Onion : 1 large chopped finely
Tomato – 1 large chopped finely
Salt to taste
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1 tbsp
Chilli Powder : 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi : 1 tsp
Garam masala powder : 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, crack fennel seeds, add in onions. Add little salt and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Add in spice powders, mix well. Now add in tomatoes and cook for 5 mins.
- Now add in kheema and saute for 5 mins.
- Cover and cook for 3 whistle. Simmer for 5 mins, turn off the heat and let the steam escape all by itself.
- Now open the cooker, pout the kheema in a pan,fry this on high heat till it gets dry.
- Crack egg in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Whip till mixed.
- Heat a tawa, pour small dosa, spoon some egg mix over it, drizzle oil over it and top with kheema and coriander leaves. Cook till bottom crisp up.
- Flip over and cook for a min. Serve
Serve it hot. Enjoy kheema dosai or dosa. Let me know how it turns out.