oats idli recipe | instant oats idli recipe with step by step photos recipe. Oats idlis are one of the most popular and healthy breakfast recipe. Oats idli is a instant idli recipe and does not require any soaking, grinding or fermentation process. oats are rich in minerals, vitamins and proteins.
Idlis are considered to a staple breakfast of every south indian family. To make idlis more healthy lets add some oats in our diet and make it more nutritious and healthy. Masala oats idli is a instant idli recipe and is very similar to rava Idli. This is prepared in less than 30 minutes. Also i have other Idli recipes like
we all are bored of eating the same oats with milk. so today i am sharing idli recipe prepared from oats. oats idlis goes well with Chutneys/ sides for tiffin of your choice. You can add any vegetables of your choice to make it more healthy and delicious. Oats are good for weight loss so add the delicious oats idli in your diet.
you can use any plain oats of your choice. and make sure to fry them before you make a course powder. also use vegetables of your choice. in this recipe i have used carrot, however you can use onions, capsicum, peas and beans.
Prep time : 10 mins cooking Time : 8-10 min per batch
Serves : 4
Oats : 2 cups
Sooji/Rava : 1 cup
Curd/Yogurt : 1cup
Carrot : 1 medium size (Grated)
Beans : 8 chopped finely
Green Chilly : 2 finely chopped
Ginger : 1 inch Finely chopped
Coriander Leaves : 2 tbsp
Baking soda : 1/2 tsp
Salt as needed
Water as required
Oil : 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Urad dal : 1 tsp
Asafoetida / Kaya podi / Hing : 1/4 tsp
1. Heat pan, fry oats to dark here and there. allo it cool down. then make coarse flour.
2, Make seasoning by heating oil and crackling all ingredients given for seasoning. Let them sizzle for a min. Then add in green chillies, green, carrots, beans. cook it for 3 mins.
3. Take oats flour in a bowl, add in sooji, curd, carrot, beans, chillies, coriander leaves, ginger, salt, baking soda and water. Mix well to a thick batter.
4. Now add more water if the batter is too thick. It should be pouring consistency.
5. Grease a idli plate with oil. Pour ladleful of batter in each mould and steam it for 8 to 10 mins.
6. Once it is steamed, remove it and let it cool for 2 mins. Now dip a spoon in water and slide under the idlies. Serve this with any chutney of your choice.
All Done. Serve Oats Idly with Chutneys/ sides for tiffin. Healthy eating.