coriander rice recipe | cilantro rice | coriander pulao or kothamalli rice recipe with detailed photo. an authentic south indian rice-based recipe filled with veggies and infused with fresh coriander aroma. in south india coriander pulao is mainly prepared for breakfast but it can also be an ideal lunch box or tiffin box recipe too. it tastes great without any side dish but can also be served with any basic raita or kurma.
coriander pulao or kothamalli rice recipe with step by step photo. South indian cuisine has many variations of rice or pulav recipe prepared with choice of vegetables as its key ingredients. This recipe post uses freshly grounded coriander leaves with other herbs and finely chopped vegetables. It is one pot meal by itself with supplying all the balanced nutrients.
Corander Leaves(Kothamalli) Pulao, a fantastic flavoured rice with nice aroma. Generally we make kothamalli(Coriander leaves) thuvayal and mix rice with it. But that is very simple. But making Pulao has a rich flavour and it is very tasty too. A perfect lunch menu – Corainder leaves Pulao with Onion Raitha.
Other Similar Recipes:
- Chicken Keema Pulao or Pilaf
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves : 2-3
Coriander Leaves : A small bunch
Green chilly : 1-2
Garlic : 3
Ginger : 1/2 inch
Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds : 1 tsp
To make Pulao:
Basmati Rice : 1 cup
Vegetables : 1 cup (I used Potato, carrot and peas)
Cinnamon Stick : 1/2 inch
Cardamon : 2 pods
Bay leaf : 1
Cloves : 3
Onion : 1 sliced
Coconut Milk : 1 cup
Water : 1 cup
Salt to taste
Oil/Ghee : 2 tbsp
- Wash and clean coriander leaves. Take all ingredients to blender under to grind table. Set aside.
2. Heat oil/ghee in a cooker. Temper with cloves, bay leaf, cloves and cardamon. Then add in sliced onion, fry till golden brown.
3. Now add in ground green paste. Cook till raw smell leaves. Oil separates in edges.
4. Then add in chopped vegetables (as ur wish). Mix it well. Now add in coconut milk and water with required salt. Allow it to boil. Then add in soaked basmati rice. Close it with lid.
Cook it for 2 whistles. Once air released, open lid. Mix with fork. Serve it with raita or kurma.