Cabbage Pakoras or Crispy Cabbage Fritters are a great any time snack. They especially taste delicious when they are served with Chutney and hot cup of tea. They are also easy and quick to make. Surprise your guests and treat them with these mouthwatering crispy cabbage pakoras.
Pakoras or pakoda with cabbage as main ingredient. Besan/ gram flour, rice flour with other spices added for flavour makes best evening snack perfect to pair with coffee/ tea.
I have tried cabbage pakoda few times before. The first time I tasted at my sister’s friends place. Until then, I had no idea one can make cabbage pakoda. It was super good.
Other Similar Recipes:
Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 4
Cabbage Shredded : 1 & 1/2 cups
Chickpea flour / Besan – 3/4 cup
Rice Flour : 3 tbsp
Green Chilly : 2 finely chopped
Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
Ginger : 2 tsp Finely chopped
Coriander leaves : 2 tsp chopped
Red chilly powder : 1 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Sodium bi carbonate – 1/8 tsp
- Using a mandolin slicer, shred cabbage thinly. You can also finely cut using knife.
- In a mixing bowl, add red chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, green chilli, coriander leaves, ginger, salt, sodium bi carb and mix well.
3. Then add in besan/gram flour and rice flour. First mix it well. Because cabbage will leaves water. It should be thick batter consistency. So add water little by little and make a thick batter.
4. Heat oil, spoon the batter to hot oil and cook in medium flame. You can cook 4-6 pakoras at a time. Flip and cook until golden crisp, cooked from inside. Drain in paper towel.
Serve hot with chai. you can serve it with coconut chutney or with chilli sauce.
1. Add sodium bi carb to ensure the pakoras turn out crisp, cooked from inside.
2. Too much thick batter will be difficult to get cooked, so make just right as you see in the pics.
3. You can add up to 2 cups of shredded cabbage. You can add other veggies like spinach, carrot along.