This rice dish is prepared with chicken mince. Chicken Keema Pulao is a satisfying meal to serve in lunch and dinner with raita.
Chicken keema pulao or pilaf is that one pot meal you absolutely must make at least once in your life. A beautiful smorgasbord of flavors all seamlessly coming together in a gorgeous plate of food that is warming and filling at the same time. Invite family and friends over, put the pot on and just dig in!!
This Chicken keema pulao or pilaf is really simple to prepare and just way too good to enjoy. Its a full blown love affair that I have been having with pilafs for the longest time. Chicken keema pulao or pilaf is delicious and lip smacking. Served hot off the pot with some cooling raita, this is one bowl of deliciousness. Chicken keema pulao or pilaf is easy and quick to make.
So this Chicken keema pulao or pilaf is basically a ramped up version of the basic Indian pulao or pilaf. The keema here is chicken. So its extremely quick to make. And the masala is easy to make and basically of staple pantry ingredients.
Trust me when I saw this, this Chicken keema pulao or pilaf might just make you quit biriyani. Its that easy, no painful and long marination time needed for this and just amazing when had the next day. It even makes a great lunchbox dish.
You can of course switch the chicken with lamb or mutton, although remember that the cooking time is different for other meat. For an even healthier option, switch chicken with ground turkey also.
Other Similar Recipes:
Prep : 15 mins Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves : 3-4
For Pulao Masala:
Pepper corns : 1 tsp
Cardamon : 5 nos
Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds : 1 tsp
Cloves : 6-7
Cinnamon Stick : 2-3 inch
Coriander Seeds : 1 tbsp
For making Pulao:
Basmati Rice : 1 cup
Onion : 1 sliced small
Bay Leaf : 1
Chicken Keema/Minced : 200 gm
Red Chilly powder : 1tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste : 1 tbsp
Mint and Coriander Leaves : 1/2 cup
Curd/Yogurt : 1tbsp
Green Chilly : 2 slit
Salt to taste
Oil/Ghee : 3 tbsp
Water : 2 cups
- Clean and wash chicken keema, set aside. Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 mins.
- Dry roast all ingredients under table for pulao masala. Set aside. Heat oil or ghee in a pressure cooker, put bay leaf.
3. Then add in sliced onion and green chilies. Cook until it turns brown in color. Now add in ginger garlic paste. Saute it for 2 mins. Add in red chilly, turmeric powder and salt. Saute it for 2 more mins.
4. Now add cleaned and washed chicken keema. Add in ground pulao masala powder. Then add mint and coriander leaves along with curd/yogurt. Mix all and cook till oil separates and not water in masala. check pic.
5. Now add in 2 cups of water. Allow it to boil nicely. Then add in soaked basmati rice. cover and cook it for 2 whistle on medium heat. Turn of heat. Rest it for 10 mins and open lid. Mix it carefully with fork without breaking rice.
Done. Serve hot with onion raita and egg. Raita will goes well with this pulao.