Do you want to taste the traditional Tamilnadu pakkoda kuruma? Here is a easy method for making pakkoda kuruma, prepare and enjoy this traditional Tamilnadu recipe.
Pakora Kurma is undoubtedly one of the more popular dish of South Indian Cuisine..!! This delicious mild curry, which is decandently creamy with smooth texture, makes a real hit party menu in any gathering or functions.
Although, the preparation seems like a complicated dish at first, with all the different spices involved, it is actually not that difficult to try & master..! Using right ingredients at correct proportion is the key of this recipe. It goes very well with chapatti, poori, white rice , etc…
Pakoda kurma is a very tasty gravy recipe of Tamilnadu. This is made during the time of deepavalli which suits well for idli. The pakkodas can also be eaten as such and is good for growing children. Try this traditional Tamilnadu recipe Pakoda kurma.
prep Time : 15 mins Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves : 3-4
Channa Dal : 1 cup
Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
Onion : 1 small chopped
Coriander Leaves : 1 tbsp chopped
Ginger : 1 tsp finely chopped
Garlic : 2 nos crushed
Green Chilly : 2 finely chopped
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
Onion : 1 medium size chopped
Tomato : 2 chopped
Sambar powder : 2 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds : 1 tsp
Cinnamon : 1 inch
Cardamon : 2 nos
Bay Leave : 1
Salt to taste
Oil : 2 tbsp
For Grinding :
Coconut (grated) : 1/2 cup
Pottukadalai : 2 tbsp
Garlic : 3
Ginger : 1/2 inch
Cashews : 5 – 8 nos
- Wash and soak channa dal in a water for about 2 hours. Drain the water completely.
- Grind it in a mixer, to coarse thick batter by adding salt and fennel seeds.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add finely chopped onion, ginger, crushed garlic, green chilly and coriander leaves. Combine well to thick batter.
- Heat enough oil in a pan. Make small lemon sized balls out of the batter and drop them in batches in hot oil.
- Deep fry these pakodas till golden brown. Drain and place the pakodas on paper towel. Set aside.
To make korma:
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Crack fennel seeds, bay leaf, cardamon, cinnamon stick.
- Add onion and saute till translucent. Then add in tomato, salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook tomato to mushy. Then add some water and sambar powder. Allow it to boil for 5 mins.
5. Add this paste to the boiling curry. Allow it to boil for 5 more mins or till raw smells leaves. Finally add fried pakoda. Boil it for 3 more mins. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Done. A traditional pakoda korma ready to serve. I served it with white rice. It can be serve with chappati, rot, pulao, idly, dosa. Enjoy and share your comments.