This is one of my family’s favorite dish. From my childhood till now, my family will go tirupati yearly once. So, all of us family will make each dishes. My grandma, she used to prepare this dish. It will go great with Curd rice, Puli sadam/Tamarind Rice, Tomato Rice Lemon Rice, Coconut Rice.
Me and cousins love to have this dish very much. I love it with tamarind and lemon rice. Now im missing those days. While going to tirupati, we will start early in the morning. We usually go lot of temples on the way. So if we found place with trees and water, our family members will have food in middle of nature.
More than food, sitting along with all family member under tree shadow in circle form. we will have banana leaf, mom or aunties will serve tamarind, lemon and curd rice with this curry. All my beautiful days are coming back in my memory. Hmmmmm just imagine, how the dishes will taste with nature and banana leaf.
Ok ok, i think i inked too much. Just thought of sharing it here, while thinking of this dish. This is very simple and tasty dish to go. Hi friends, i hope u will try it and let me know how it turns out for you.
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves : 2-3
Onion : 1 small size chopped
Tomato : 1 large chopped
Mango/Mangai : 1/2 cut into cubes
Potato : 2 medium size (cute into cubes)
Brinjal : 2 nos
Sambar podi : 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Curry leaf : one spring
Oil : 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Start cutting with veggies, set aside. Make sure cutted brinjals in water upto you use. Heat oil in kadai, crack mustard seeds. Through in chopped onion with curry leaves. Saute it for 3 mins. Then chopped tomato, cook till mushy.
2. Now add cubes potato and mango. Then add in sambar powder, salt and little water. Once it half cooked, add in brinjals. Cover and cook till all veggies done.
Turn off heat once veggies cooked and formed to curry consistency. Here you go and enjoy this dish with any variety rice as you prefer.
1. Dont add brinjal together with veggies. Because brinjal will cook fast and get mushy. So, add once other veggies half cooked
- You can add raw banana too. But mango will gives taste to this dish.
- If you are a non- veg lover you can add few shrimp/prawns, dry fish to this curry also.