Badusha is a Indian festival sweet recipe. I love badusha very much, the reason is its not too sweet and mild in sweetness. I used to do this badusha for special occasions. And then,I wanted to have it in my blog with my measurements, so I tried today to click stepwise pictures. It came out very well.
So i like to share it with you all. Im promised you, i tried this badusha so many times. No flop. Try this flaky inside and sugary exterior… My family loved it very much. Do try it and let me know how it turns out for you.
Prep Time : 10 mins Resting time : 20 mins
Cooking Time : 8 -10 mins each batch Makes : 20
Maida : 2 cups
Melted Ghee : 1/4 cups
Curd/Yogurt : 1/2 cup
Cooking Soda : 1/4 tsp
Oil for deep frying
For Sugar Syrup:
Sugar : 1 cup
Water : 3/4 cup
Elachi powder : two pinches
Saffron : a pinch (Optional)
Lemon Juice : 1 tbsp
- Take flour/maida in a wide bowl. Mix cooking soda with maida. Then add in melted ghee, mix well to make it crumbly.
2. Now add in curd/yogurt, to make a dough. Please be careful when adding,the 1/2cup is what I used,it was just right, depending on the humidity in your kitchen it may vary, so do not add all, reserve a tbsp and add only if needed. Make it to a smooth dough without any cracks.3. Let it rest it for 20 mins. Then make it a small lemon sized balls, press it with thumb in the middle of ball. See pics. I make 20 badusha, arranged it in a plate. See at edge of badusha, there should be some cracks.
4. To make sugar syrup, Melt sugar in water,elachi powder, saffron, allow it to boil till one string consistency. Turn off heat, add in lemon juice. Sugar syrup ready.
5. Heat oil just enough,check it by adding a pinch of batter,if it rises immediately,then its just right. Dont let the oil fume at any point. Add badusha we prepared carefully in oil. At one stage the badushas float, then again keep the kadai on fire and cook in medium-low heat,adjust heat at the end to make it golden brown,for me it took around 5-8 mins.
6. Transfer fried badusha to sugar syrup for 5 – 8 mins. Or upto sugar syrup immerse in badusha. See flaky interior and crispy outside.
- Dont fry badusha in very hot oil. Keep in medium low heat, fry it in batch wise.
- I used homemade ghee. If you are using store bought ghee, just melt ghee before kneading a dough.
- I didnt use water to knead a dough. I maked dough only with melted ghee and curd.