This is a very easy mutton kurma that can be put together in minutes. The addition of coconut and cashew makes the kurma very rich. This is one of my favorite recipe which is goes great with idly, dosa, roti, Bhatura, Brinji Rice.
This is one of my grandma recipe, which my family members used to do this kurma. This is very easy and simple way of making mutton kurma. I saute onion, tomato and ginger garlic paste and pressure cooked mutton. If you dont have time, you can add all ingredients in pressure cooker except coconut paste and cook it for 20 minutes. Then add in coconut paste, allow it to boil for 10 mins and serve.
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves : 4
Mutton : 300 grams with bone
Potato : 2 small sized (Cube it)
Onion : 1 chopped finely
Tomato : 2 chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste : 2 tsp
Kuzhumbu milagai podi : 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Green chillies : 3 slit
Water : 1.5 -2 cups
Mint leaves : few for garnishing
Salt as needed
Grated Coconut : 1/2 cup
Cashews : 15 nos
Poppy seeds : 1 tbsp
Udacha kadalai : 1 tbsp
Oil : 2 tbsp
Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
Bay leaves : 2
Cardamon : 3 pods
Star Anise : 1
Cloves : 3
Cinnamon Stick : 1/2 inch
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add in tempering ingredients. Once split, saute onion, green chillies for 3 mins. Then add in ginger garlic paste, saute for 2 mins. Add in chopped tomatoes, cook till mushy.
2. Now add in cubed potatoes with mutton, kuzhumbu milagai podi, turmeric powder and salt. Add in 2 cups of water, pressure cook it for 20 mins. In mean time, take ingredients to grind, to mixer. Grind it to a fine paste, set aside.
3. Once air released, open a lid. Transfer it to a sauce pan. Add in ground coconut paste, allow it to boil for 10 mins or upto raw smell leaves.
Done. Garnish with mint leaves and serve as per your wish. Notes :
1. If you dont have kuzhumbu milagai podi, you can add red chilly powder, coriander powder 1 tsp each, or adjust to your spicy level.
- Try to add in hot water, so mutton will cook soft and tender.