Gongura pachadi or gongura pickle is widely made pickle all across andhra pradesh mainly across the andhra region… It is eaten as a side dish with roti or rice. Gongura is a green leafy veggie thats called as pulicha Keerai in Tamil. This Gongura Pachadi comes together with a whole rich of flavours and spices.
Prep Time : 25 mins Cooking Time : 25 mins
Gongura : 1 bunch
Tamarind : lemon size
Garlic : 15 pods
Coriander Seeds : 2 tbsp
Methi Seeds : 1tsp
Oil : 2 tsp
Salt to taste
To Tempering :
Gingelly oil/sesame oil : 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
Urad dal : 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
Garlic : 10 chopped
Hing : 1 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Red Chilly powder : 2 tsp
Dry red chilly : 5-6 nos
Curry Leaf : 1 spring
- The leaves should not contain any moisture content for making pickle. The leaves should be first washed well and dried, then start the cooking process as water or moisture in pickles spoils the pickles.
- Once leaves dried fully, chop them nicely. Heat pan, fry chopped leaves with 2 tsp of oil till it becomes dry. Set aside.
3. Take tamarind and garlic in a sauce. Add some water, allow it to cook for 10 mins.
4. Allow it to cool down completely. Then make a paste, set aside.
5. For spice powder, which gives aroma and flavor to the pickle. Dry roast coriander seeds and methi seeds. Once cool down, make a powder. Set aside.
6. Now will come to final step. Take all ingredients ready. Heat gingelly oil in a pan. Then add ingredients to tempering one by one.
7. Now mix in tamarind and garlic paste, fried gongura leaves, and spice powder with required salt. Mix well all to combine.
Done. Your gongura pickle or pachadi is ready to serve with rice or roti.