Navratan Korma is a rich, creamy and flavorful dish that literally translates to nine-gem curry. The “gems” are the fruits, vegetables and nuts that make up the curry. My recipe is sweet, spicy, nutty and creamy. Though it consists of many ingredients, Navratan Korma is actually an easy dish to prepare. There are a few steps, but the more often you make this, the easier it’ll become. I’m also certain that as soon as you finish this meal, you’ll already have plans to make it again soon.
Actually i didnt add any fruits in this recipe. If you like you can add pineapple chunks or pomegranate pearls. I used fresh vegetables and frozen peas. You can prepare it with mixed frozen vegetables also. Serve this korma with my Naan, chapatti,Coconut Milk Rice, jeera rice. This sweet, spicy, nutty, and creamy curry is unlike any dish you’ve had before.
Serves : 5-6
Prep Time : 30 mins Cooking Time : 30 mins
Vegetables : 2.5 cups (Potato,carrots, capsicum, frozen peas, cauliflower or as per ur choices of veggies)
Paneer : 3/4 cups
Raisins : 15
Cream : 3/4 cups
Kasthuri methi : 1 tbsp
Kashimiri Chilly powder : 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder : 2 tbsp
Garam masala powder : 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Salt to taste
To make a paste:
Onion : 1 chopped
Tomato : 3 large chopped
Ginger : 1 inch
Garlic : 5-6
Cashews : 10-12
Oil : 1 tbsp
To Temper :
Oil / Butter : 2 tbsp
Cinnamon stick : 1 inch
Cardamon : 3
Cloves : 3
Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
Star Anise : 1
- Bring water to a boil then add the cubed potatoes. Cover with a lid for 5 minutes, then add the rest of the vegetables. Put the lid back on and cook for 5 minutes. Drain the veggies in a colander and set aside. In other side, heat oil in a pan. Fry raisins along with paneer, set aside now.
2. In the same pan, fry onion, garlic, ginger and cashews for 3 mins. Then add tomatoes, cook till mushy. Allow it to cool down, then make a paste.
3. Heat ghee/butter in a pan, temper with tempering ingredients. Add in ground paste, along with spice powders and salt. Allow it to cook for 3 mins or raw smell leaves.
4. Now add in cooked veggies, fried raisins and paneer. Boil it for 3 mins. Then add in cream and kasthuri methi. Boil it for 2 mins. Turn of the heat.
Garnish with coriander leaves. I served it with butter naan.
- You can add pineapple chunks or pomegranate pearls, as your wish.
- After adding cream, just boil it for an bubble. Otherwise it will curdle.