A delicious starter or snacks recipe that you can prepare to treat your guests in a get-together or a kitty party. This recipe is my bookmarked one. I used to prepare this cutlet so many times for guests and friends. This also i made it for friends family for dinner. This is very simple and tasty snacks too. Crunchy outside and soft inside. The appearance of this cutlet seems like a bird nest with egg. I really remember when i made this cutlet for my hubby’s birthday party, all of our friends got surprised and loved this dish very much. Please do try this recipe and let me know how it turns out and your valuable comments here.
Serves : 20-25 cutlet
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking time : 5 mins each batch
Boiled Potato : 3 medium sized
Onion : 1 small chopped
Coriander Leaves : 2 tbsp chopped
Green chilly : 2 chopped
Red chilly powder : 1 tsp
Garam Masala : 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
Ground nus : 20 – 25 (without skin for decorating)
For outer Layer:
All purpose flour/Maida : 1/2 cup
Vermicelli/Semiya : 2 cups
Water : to make batter
- Mash a boiled potatoes in a bowl. Add chopped onion, green chilies, coriander leaves with red chilly, garam masala powder with required salt. Mix all ingredients well. Take maida in a bowl, mix it with water to make a batter. (Batter should not be too thick or thin) Take semiya in a plate and set aside.
2. Now make a medium sized round balls by rolling on your palm. Heat oil in kadai/pan. Dip this ball in maida batter and coat it in semiya. Press it tightly and bring it to ball size. Make sure semiya have to coat all sides. Make gentle thumb impression on middle of the ball. Fry it in hot oil, fry till golden brown on both sides.
Done. Decorate it with groundnut in hole. Then only it will looks like bird nest with egg. Here you go…..
1. If you like to add veggies, yes you can add.
- If you want to do it for any party, you can do all process till coating in semiya. Arrange it tray and keep it in fridge. Fry it when u need.
- While coating in semiya, make sure to press tightly and check is coated all sides tightly.