My son love chicken legs very much. But he dont want spicy one, he used to asked me crispy leg pieces. So i tried with bread crumbs and fried in oil. But he dont like that much, because chicken drunken lot of oil, its not that much crispy too. So i searched in internet, but most of recipes was not in Indian flavor. So i planned to try this oven fried chicken on Indian style on my way. Wow…. It turns really great which crispy outside and juicy inside. My son and family love it very much. Please try and let me know how it turns out for you. Here you go…
Serves : 4-5 Marinating Time : Overnight
Prep Time : 15 mins Cooking Time : 45 mins
Chicken Legs : 8 (skinless with bone)
Corn flakes : 3 cups (crushed)
Garam Masala : 1 tsp
Eggs : 2
Pepper powder : 1 tsp
Milk : 2 tbsp
Maida/All purpose flour : 1 cup
Salt to taste
Oil/butter to brush on chicken
Garlic :10 cloves
Ginger : 2 inch piece
Green chilly : 3
Lemon Juice : 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Take marinade ingredients in a blender and make into a fine paste. Take that in a bowl, add in chicken pieces and mix well. Cover it and let it marinade for 3 to 4 hours or overnight in fridge.
2. Start crushing corn flakes as in pic below. Mix garam masala, crushed corn flakes and salt in a bowl and set aside.
3. Beat eggs with milk and pepper powder and set a side. Take all ingredients ready to coat chicken. First roll chicken in flour/maida. Now dunk them in egg mixture, roll them in crushed flakes, press tightly using hands and place it in oil sprayed rack or plate. Brush oil/butter on coated chickens.
4. Preheat the oven to 220 Degree C / 440 Degree F. When it is hot, place the chicken on the oven tray, lower the oven temparature to 200 degree C / 400 Degree F and cook for 20 mins. Now take the tray from oven and flip the chicken over and cook again for 25 mins.
Remove from oven and drain it in paper towel. Serve it hot with Mayo and ketchup.
- Depend on oven, temperature and cooking time may vary.