Oven Fried Chicken Legs/Oven fried chicken with cornflakes-Indian Style

My son love chicken legs very much. But he dont want spicy one, he used to asked me crispy leg pieces. So i tried with bread crumbs and fried in oil. But he dont like that much, because chicken drunken lot of oil, its not that much crispy too. So i searched in internet, but most of recipes was not in Indian flavor. So i planned to try this oven fried chicken on Indian style on my way. Wow…. It turns really great which crispy outside and juicy inside. My son and family love it very much. Please try and let me know how it turns out for you. Here you go…

Serves : 4-5      Marinating Time : Overnight

Prep Time : 15 mins    Cooking Time : 45 mins

Ingredients:

Chicken Legs : 8 (skinless with bone)

Corn flakes : 3 cups (crushed)

Garam Masala : 1 tsp

Eggs : 2

Pepper powder : 1 tsp

Milk : 2 tbsp

Maida/All purpose flour : 1 cup

Salt to taste

Oil/butter to brush on chicken

For Marinade:

Garlic :10 cloves

Ginger : 2 inch piece

Green chilly : 3

Lemon Juice : 3 tbsp

Salt to taste

Method:

1. Take marinade ingredients in a blender and make into a fine paste. Take that in a bowl, add in chicken pieces and mix well. Cover it and let it marinade for 3 to 4 hours or overnight in fridge.

2. Start crushing corn flakes as in pic below.  Mix garam masala, crushed corn flakes and salt in a bowl and set aside.

3. Beat eggs with milk and pepper powder and set a side. Take all ingredients ready to coat chicken.  First roll chicken in flour/maida. Now dunk them in egg mixture, roll them in crushed flakes, press tightly using hands and place it in oil sprayed rack or plate. Brush oil/butter on coated chickens.

4. Preheat the oven to 220 Degree C / 440 Degree F. When it is hot, place the chicken on the oven tray, lower the oven temparature to 200 degree C / 400 Degree F and cook for 20 mins. Now take the tray from oven and flip the chicken over and cook again for 25 mins.

Remove from oven and drain it in paper towel. Serve it hot with Mayo and ketchup.20170507_133449_001

Notes :

1. Depend on oven, temperature and cooking time may vary.

Advertisements

14 Comments Add yours

1. Archana Pattabiraman says:

It came has u said really it was awesome my family liked it and also my little prince became fan of this recipe…..add more tasty recipe like this Deepa…

Liked by 1 person

1. happy to hear. Thank u Archana

2. divinespice says:

Sounds indulging as well as healthy ☺ .. I am really impressed !! Am I ok to reblog this recipe on my blog ?? 😍

Liked by 1 person

1. I’m glad that u impressed. Try out my other recipes too

3. divinespice says:

Reblogged this on and commented:
    Oven Fried Chicken Legs/Oven fried chicken with cornflakes-Indian Style

As I have always said, I love to eat healthy food without compromising on quality. I bet that’s how most of you guys would want your meal to be too. I was hovering around WordPress blogs the other day and I found some exciting recipe that I thought I would reblog on Divine spice. I really am impressed by the way it was prepared. It sounded as healthy and delicious as it looked. I can’t wait to try this out myself at home. Thank you so much Deepa https://deepscookbook.com/ for letting me share this impressive recipe!

Liked by 1 person

4. divinespice says:

Reblogged this on https://divinespice.com I really am impressed by the way it was prepared. It sounded as healthy and delicious as it looked. I can’t wait to try this out myself at home. Thank you so much Deepa https://deepscookbook.com/ for letting me share this impressive recipe!

Liked by 1 person

1. U r welcome dear. It’s my pleasure and so glad that u have reblogged one of recipe in ur blog. Thank u so much.

Liked by 1 person

5. InspiresN says:

Nice share Deepa, hope to try this sometime!

Liked by 1 person