Potato sambar is my SIL recipe. I tried it for first time, really telling taste is awesome. Aroma of this sambar spread around my home. More than idly we had this sambar only. Hope you will try this sambar and let me know how its turn out for you.
Serves : 2-3
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 30 mins
Potato : 3 Medium Size
Onion : 1 Medium size chopped
Tomato : 1 small
Green Chilly : 2 – 3
Coriander powder : 2 tbsp
Coconut Milk : 1/2 cup (Thick)
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
Oil : 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon : 1 inch stick
cloves : 3
- Take potato in a pressure cooker. Cook it for 2 whistles. Once cools down, peel skin and mash it, set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, crack cinnamon,mustard seeds and cloves. Add in chopped onion with green chilies. Cook it till transparent. Then add in tomato with salt and coriander powder. Cook till mushy.
3. Then add required water, add in mashed potato, mix well. Pressure cook it for 2 whistles. Once air got released, open lid. Keep it on low heat, add in thick coconut milk. Allow it for boil for 5 mins.
Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with idly, dosa or with idiyappam. Happy Eating…
- You can add more green chilly if you want spicy.
- Add water according to which consistency you need.