This Cauliflower Poriyal recipe is a pretty simple stir fry kind of dish which you can make with very less time. This poriyal will go great with rasam, sambar, and you can used this for stuffed chapatti also. Because this recipe is made of with shredded cauliflower.
Serves : 2
Prep Time : 15 mins Cooking Time : 15 mins
Cauliflower : 1 small size
Onion : 2 tbsp chopped
Tomato : 1
Sambar powder : 2 tsp
Turmeric : 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
Oil : 2 tsp
- Just boil water with salt and turmeric and soak the cauliflower florets cut in to bite size pieces for 5 minutes. Drain it and shred cauliflower in big holed shredder. Set aside.
Heat oil in a kadai, splutter mustard seeds. Add finely chopped onion and fry till transparent. Then add chopped tomato, cook till mushy. Now add in shredded cauliflower with sambar powder, salt and turmeric powder with little water. Mix well and allow it to cook open pan for 10 mins on medium heat.
when the water dries up the cauliflower is cooked well, turn of heat. Serve with sambar, rice or with chapatti. Notes:
1. If you like to add green peas, yes you can add.
2. Try not to cover and cook, chance to get mushy. Because it is shredded one. It will cook fast.
3. If you not having sambar powder, you can add red chilly powder with coriander powder.
4. If you are a shrimp/prawns lover, you can cook along with shrimp also. Taste yummy. First cook shrimp with spices, then add shredded cauliflower and cook.