Pasalai keerai is a well known leafy vegetable. Spinach has a high nutritional value and is extremely rich in antioxidants. It is a rich source of vitamin A , vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, magnesium, vitamin B2, calcium, vitamin B6, folic acid and omega-3 fatty acids. Pasalai keerai masiyal is a common keerai recipe in south Indian household. Here is my way of doing it. This is very simple and tasty recipe.
Serves : 2-3
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 15 mins
Spinach/Pasalai Keerai : 2 cups
Toor Dal : 1/2 cup
Onion : 2tbsp chopped
Tomato : 1 Large
Garlic : 2-3
Green Chilly : 1-2
Water : 1 – 1.5 cups
Salt to taste
To Temper :
Oil/Ghee : 2 tsp
Mustard Seed : 1 tsp
Urad Dal : 1/2 tsp
Hing : a pinch
Dry red chilly : 2
- Start chopping veggies, set aside. Wash spinach thoroughly in fresh water. Keep aside.
- Take all ingredients in a pressure cooker with 1 – 1.5 cups of water.
3. Pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles. Turn of heat. Once air got released, open lid. Strain of excess water in a bowl. With help of madhu or ladle, press it to make a smooth puree.
4. Temper it with tempering ingredients and Serve it with white rice along with poriyal, varuval.
1. If you dont have mathu, you can take it to a blender and pulse it for a minute.