Brain fry is a delicacy and favorite non-veg dish in South India, very easy to prepare as well. This is my mom’s special, that i have always enjoy since my childhood. Goat brain is very soft and delicate, taste like butter. Make sure you try this buttery brain fry and post your feed backs.
Prep Time : 15 mins Cooking Time : 20 mins
Goat Brain : 4
Onion : 1 small size chopped
Tomato : 1 large chopped
Green chilly : 1
Ginger Garlic paste : 2 tsp
Red chilly powder : 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder : 1 tsp
Cumin Powder : 1 tsp
Pepper Powder : 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil : 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
- Wash brain 2 times. Put in hot water for 5 mins. Then take them out and cut into pieces. Dont cut very small pieces. Try to cut them in cubes. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, crack mustard seeds. Saute onion and green chilly for 3 mins, add ginger garlic paste, saute it for a while. Then add tomato, cook till mushy.
3. Add all spice powder, salt and water, mix well. Spread cubed brain pieces in masala. Allow it to cook open, till masala to coat well. Toss in between carefully. It will take around 10 mins to cook.
Garnish with coriander leaves. serve it.
1. While tossing brain, use flat ladle or spoon. Because brain is very delicate, it will break immediately.
- Always try to cook brain in a wide pan. So it will help to spread brain and toss carefully.
- If you want gravy consistency, you can add little more water and cook. My opinion, brain should coat well in masala and fry nicely. Then only it taste nice.