This is very super simple to make. The taste packed with lot of flavors. You can make it as quick less than 30 mins. The only thing which takes time is marinating the chicken. If you want to make with veggies instead of chicken, you can cook with paneer and cauliflower also. Check water consistency of gravy, before adding water. Because, according to yogurt or curd, water level varies. So add water accordingly. Try it and let me know how it turns for you.
Serve : 2 -3 Marination time: 2 hours
Prep time : 15 mins Cooking Time : 30 mins
Basmati Rice : 1 cup
Onion : 1 medium size thinly sliced
Ginger Garlic Paste : 2 tsp
Cashews : 10 – 15
Raisans : 10 – 15
Green Chilly : 2
Mint leaves : 2 tbsp chopped
Coriander Leaves : 2 tbsp chopped
Cinnamon : 1 inch stick
Cardamom : 4
Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Water as needed
Chicken : 1/2 kg
Curd / Yogurt : 1 cup
Chilli powder : 2 tsp
Coriander Powder : 1 tbsp
Cumin Powder : 2 tsp
Garam masala powder : 2 tsp
- Clean chicken and soak with given ingredients under marinating for 2hours and more. Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 mins. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker or in a vessel. Fry cashew and raisins, set aside. Then crackle with cumin seeds, cardamon, cinnamon stick. Add onion and green chilies, saute it to golden brown in color.
3. Then add in ginger garlic paste, saute it for 2 mins. Add marinated chicken in, with chopped mints and coriander leaves with required salt, mix well
4. Cook chicken for 5 mins. Check water consistency in gravy and then add required amount of water, as said in content. Then add soaked rice, mix well. Pressure cook for 2 whistle on medium heat. Turn of heat. Once air released, add in fried cashew and raisins and fluff up pulav with fork.
Done. Serve hot and enjoy..
- You can marinate chicken overnight also.