Vazhakkai varuval is a tasty side dish for a rice. In vazhakkai we can do poriyal, podimas, fry and it tasty one also. For this recipe, cut vazhakkai thinly for crispy roast or as your wish. I usually cut thin one, because my hubby loves crisp vazhakkai fry.
Serves : 2
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 15 mins
Vazhakkai/Raw Banana : 1
Oil to fry
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Pepper corns : 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds : 1 tsp
Green Chilly : 1
Dry Red chilly : 1
Curry Leaves : 2 tbsp
Grated Coconut : 3 tbsp
- Take raw banana, peel em and slice them in rectangle shape. Boil water with turmeric powder in a sauce pan, add in the banana and cook it till 85%. Drain it and allow it to cool down.
2. Take all ingredient for masala in a pan, dry roast it. Allow it to cool down and take it to a blender, add some water. Blend it to a smooth paste.
3. Apply the masala all over the banana, and leave it to marinate for 10 mins. Heat oil for pan frying. Add the marinated bananas in oil and fry till crispy on both sides.
Drain and serve it with sambar, rasma and curd rice.
- If you like to add ginger garlic paste, you can add it.
- Dont cook vazhakkai to soft, while applying masala there is a chance to break in to pieces.