We love fish cutlet very much. I did fish cutlet lot of times. Some of friends tasted and tried out. This fish cutlets are very easy to do and can be done within minutes. The only prep work is to boil potato and fish fillets. If you have leftover fish fillets, just remove skin and bones. Otherwise steam the fish and remove the skin and the bones. Shred them and set aside. The crisp slight sweetness from the bread crumb crust was something I really loved. You also give a try and enjoy it.
Makes : 18 – 20 patties
Prep Time : 20 mins Cooking Time : 10 mins
Fish : 2 cups boiled or fried ( deboned and shredded)
Potato : 4 medium size
Onion – 1 small finely chopped finely
Coriander Leaves : 1/2 cup
Garam Masala : 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Red chilly powder : 1 tsp
Coriander Powder : 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil as required
To coat fish patties:
Breadcrumbs – 1.5 cup
All Purpose Flour / Maida – 1/2 cup
Water as needed to make thin batter
- Boil potato and fish. Chop onion and coriander leaves. Then smash potato and shred fish fillets. Mix all other ingredients like a tight dough.
2. Take small portions and shape them into patties and set aside. Now take maida and water in a bowl and mix them well to a thin paste.Take breadcrumbs in a bowl. Now take the patties and dip them first in maida batter and then in breadcrumbs. Let the breadcrumbs coat on all sides and arrange them in plate.
3.Heat oil in a pan/skillet, fry them all the sides to golden brown in color.
Serve cutlets with ketchup or mayo.
- You can freeze them and use later when needed.
- If you like to deep fry, you can.
- If you dont like to add red chilly powder, you can add kuzhambu milagai powder also.