Capsicum rice is very simple to make lunch box recipe. This rice is very flavorful and delicious. Each bite you can feel a flavor of spices and capsicum. I usually make this rice with green bell pepper, you can replace with color capsicum to make rice colorful. You can prepare this rice in a jiffy if you have cooked rice ready or you can even use left over rice to prepare this. No need of special sides, it will go with any raita, gravy, dry and with chips also.
Serves : 2
Prep Time : 10 Mins Cooking Time : 15 mins
Basmati Rice : 1 cup
Bell pepper/Capsicum : 1 chopped
Turmeric Powder : 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
Hing : a generous pinch
Oil/ Ghee : 3 tbsp
Groundnut : 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
For Grind Masala Powder:
Coriander Seeds : 3 tbsp
Channa dal : 2 tbsp
Dry red chilly : 2
- wash and soak basmati rice, then cook it. Once rice cooked spread in a plate, allow it to cool completely. In mean time, start dry roasting coriander sees, channa dal and dry red chilies, make a coarse powder set aside.
2. Heat a pan, fry groundnut with few drops of oil, set in a plate. In a same pan, add oil or ghee, crack cumin seeds and hing.
3. Then add capsicum, turmeric and salt mix well, cover and cook till capsicum done. (make sure capsicum should not over cooked). Turn off the heat. Now add cooked rice, grounded masala powder and fried ground nut.
4. Gently mix rice in to it. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve it with any side as your wish.
- Capsicum should not over cooked, cook till 85%. while biting we can feel crunchiness of capsicum.
- You can use normal cooking rice or left over rice also.