This pulao is very easy to put together and tastes great. A perfect idea for quick and easy meal is tasty and tummy filling Pulao. This Pulao is great for parties and get together, because you can cook it in very less time. It not only looks colorful but is also very healthy. Kids will love it for sure. Great for lunch box. It will go with paneer masala, chicken gravy and dry dish too. Try and let me know how it turns.
Serves : 2
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 20 mins
Basmati Rice : 1 cup
Corn Kernels : 1/2 Cup
Mint : 10 Leaves
Salt to taste
Water : 1.5 cups
Cloves : 5
Poppy Seeds : 2 tbsp
Dry Red chilly : 2
Shredded Coconut : 2 tbsp
Ginger : 1 inch
Onion : 1/2 small size chopped
Cinnamon Stick : 1 inch
Cinnamon : 1 stick
Star anise : 1
Cardamon : 3
Ghee/oil : 3 tbsp
- Wash and soak basmati rice max 30 mins. Prep grinding ingredients and grind it to a smooth paste, set aside.
2. Heat oil or ghee in cooker, add tempering agents and saute it for a while. Then add a ground paste, saute it and cook till raw smell leaves.
3. Now add corn kernels and chopped mints leaves, cook it for 2 mins. Add water and salt, give a boil. Then add in soaked basmati rice, give a nice mix.
4. Cover cooker with lid, reduce the flame to lowest possible and cook for 12-15 minutes.
5. Once pressure released, open lid and fluff it of with fork. Serve it with favorite sides. I serve with gobi 65.
- You can add normal milk also for richness.
- I used frozen corn, you can used fresh kernels too.
- You can add dry red chilies, if you want more spice.