Gobi 65 is one of my family all time favorite. Fried cauliflower is quite a tasty dish and it goes as a perfect appetizer or starter. Gobi 65 will make in two style like dry and toss with bell pepper with yogurt. Blanched cauliflower florests nicely coated with a spiced batter and deep fried twice to give that zest and crunchiness. This is one type of restaurant style. So liked to share this recipe here.
Serves : 3-4
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 30 mins
Cauliflower – 1 medium size cut into bite size florets
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Red chilly powder : 1 tsp
Garam Masala : 2 tbsp
Kesar color : 1tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste : 2 tbsp
Curry leaves: 1 tbsp Chopped finely
Coriander Leaves : 1 tbsp chopped finely
Pepper Powder : 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Maida/All purpose flour : 1/2 cup
Rice Flour : 1/4 cup
Corn flour : 1/4 cup
Water as required
Salt to taste
- Boil water with salt and turmeric. Add in chopped gobi, leave it for 5 mins. Then drain of water, set aside.
- Take a wide bowl add all other ingredients with gobi, mix it to coat well with cauliflower. Rest it for 20 mins.
3. Now take all purpose, rice, corn flours in bowl, add water mix it like a thick batter, pour this batter on to the cauliflower.
4. Mix cauliflower and batter to coat well. Heat oil, and deep fry them.
5. Strain fried gobi in kitchen towel. Fry all gobi, set aside and again deep fry in hot oil.
Green chilly and curry leaves also deep fried along with cauliflower, then serve this hot.